Part Two: What Makes A Man (Trigger Warning)

This morning, the day after our very uncomfortable meeting with the Krum family, is the day the announcement of our marriage is to be released in the prophet; which means soon enough the whole school will have some inclination that I'm pregnant. What other reason could George and I come up with? I'm only fifteen and George sixteen, there is nothing else we could say that would excuse us getting married at such a young age... not without letting the news of my attack leak. "Do we have to go to breakfast?" I ask George and Fred as they rush about their dormitory trying to get ready for the day, their roommate Lee still sleeping peacefully in his bed. "You know we can't just avoid it, Hermione." George informs me, tossing one of his jumpers at me as he walks past his bed and towards the loo. "...You and Freddy could go deal with it and I could stay her and take a page out of Lees book..." Fred laughs loudly at my idea and George snorts from the other room. "Not gonna happen, Granger, you know George never lets you out of his sight." Lee suddenly says, sitting up and stretching.

I huff at the three older boys and finally pull myself out of bed. "Fine, If I have to go then I'm having a shower first. George! Out of the loo!" I shout, stopping to gather my uniform and one of George's old Weasley jumpers before marching into the loo to kick my loyal protector out. As I shove George out the door and make to close it, something Lee says makes me frown. "You'd think privacy wouldn't matter and all... they're married." I open my mouth to say something, but Fred beats me to it. "Hermione went through something traumatic, she's earned her right to privacy, and on top of that she's a fifteen year old girl. Leave her alone." He half snarls at Lee, prompting the other boy to raise his hands in surrender and return to gathering his needed items for the day- ignoring the murderous glare George is sending his way. Swallowing thickly I shut the door and quickly rush through my morning routine, trying my best to hurry so the boys and I could actually make it to breakfast on time for once... my procrastination tends to make us late most mornings.

As soon as I'm satisfied with my appearance I exit the loo and find George and Fred leaning against their bed posts talking to each other, my satchel slung over George's shoulder alongside his own. "Ready?" He asks with a smile, raising his eyebrow playfully... he's trying to distract me from my nerves. "Not like I've got much of an option, do I?" I can't help the attitude that I know my voice is dripping with. I didn't ask for any of this... he can't blame me for not wanting to show my face. As soon as somebody noticed our marriage announcement any hope I had for a peaceful rest of the year is out the window. The Slytherins will double up on their insults, and when Rita Skeeter gets ahold of this she'll have a field day... and that'll only get worse as I start to show. "I can hear you thinking from here, Mione... I promise that I won't let anything happen to you at breakfast; If one of those little, inbred, snake bastards start then I will personally handle the issue for you and my dear twin." Fred says seriously as he adjusts his bag on his shoulder.

"Let's just get this over with." I take George's outstretched hand and allow him to guide me out of the boys dormitories and into the common room, both of us ignoring the questioning glances of our housemates. "What are you lot looking at?! Mind your business!" Fred shouts at a group of first years, openly staring at George and I, as we pass them- causing the rest of the common room to turn towards the three of us in alarm. "Stop being a bloody wanker." George hisses at Fred after realizing his twins outburst had only succeeded in attracting more unwanted attention. "Sorry, Mione." Fred says sheepishly, reaching up to ruffle the hair at the nape of his neck. "It's fine, Fred... can we just get to breakfast and get this over with?" At my insistence the three of us proceed to the great hall in silence, trying to keep what little peace we could get for as long as we could get it. All three of us know the kind of hell we'll be subjected to after this morning. Fred may not be directly involved in all this- but he's bound to get mistaken for George.