The Cure

Hermione;
The war's over and won... but at what cost? In the last few hours, I lost people I'd grown to love as family. Harry, Ron, and Ginny are dead... and the list only gets longer. The only blood Weasleys remaining are Fred and George, Charlie, and Bill. Mr and Mrs Weasley had gone down trying to save Ginny, Ginny had walked off into a blood bath alongside Ron and Percy in an effort to save a group of third years who had snuck back into the castle... and exhaustion and starvation had claimed the life of Harry Potter just after defeating Voldy once and for all. Sure the light won the war, but I'm starting to wonder if it was truly worth it... Harry died for a world he'll never get to see. Ron and Ginny died to save children who were slaughtered anyway; The losses are tremendous and heart breaking and families will never be the same. The Weasleys will never be the same... I will never be the same. Sitting here, watching the four Weasley brothers comfort each other, I can't help but make up my mind on the fact that they're all I have left now.

I'm so lost in thought that I don't notice Fred Weasley make his way over to me, at least not until he's sitting to my right. I can't look at him as I feel his arm wrap around my shoulder and pull my body tightly into his, allowing me to hide my face in his shoulder and cry. I cry for both the living and the dead; I cry for the pain and the destruction that we've caused. "Hermione- I... I know." His voice comes out rough and broken, he's almost choked up on tears as he pulls me tighter to his body and rests his face in my hair. I soon feel another set of arms latch onto me from behind and I don't need to look to know it's George. He leans his body into mine and presses his face against my back as sobs begin to overtake him. I'm not sure how long the three of us sit, planted like weeds, on the floor of the broken castle before two throats being cleared from above us draw us back to reality. Looking up, I see Charlie and Bill are waiting for us to stand before they speak.

Fred and George get to their feet, the latter of the two reaching down to pull me to my feet and use the sleeve of his shirt to wipe the tears from my eyes. "Fleur and I are going home to try and get some rest," Bill starts, pausing mid sentence so Charlie can speak. "And I'm going back to Romania." Fred and George don't speak, they simply tip their heads at their brothers and watch blankly as the eldest two Weasley boys walk away from the broken disaster that is Hogwarts. Charlie will never return to England, and Bill will move to France to be near Fleurs family... Fred and George will truly be alone in this world now. I stand, simply being there for them until Fred takes hold of my hand and begins guiding me towards the floo networks that the survivors have opened so people can return home and try to repair their damages. By the time we reach the floo, the three of us still have not spoken; It's not until George grabs a handful of floo powder and sends the three of us to the burrow do we begin speaking to each other.

"Why don't you two go get cleaned up while I fix us something to eat?" My voice is rough and I sound like I've got glass cutting at my vocal cords with every word I say. "Yeah... sure. We'll be back down in ten minuets, Mione." George speaks for the both of them, not giving Fred time to respond as he drags himself and his brother up the stairs of their childhood home. Using my wand I cast a cooking spell, and watch as Shepherds Pie begins to prepare itself. Taking a glance around the kitchen, my eyes land on the Weasley clock... and tears begin to flow freely down my face at the five spoons pointing towards the "Dead" slot on the clock. The other four hands are split between two slots, the twins are pointing at home, and Bill and Charlie's are pointed at traveling. I make a split second decision to remove the clock from the wall and tuck it safely away into Molly and Arthur's bedroom. I feel like if I take away a reminder that they're gone, just maybe it'll make it easier. Maybe it'll not seem as real as it is... and just maybe it'll keep us from breaking down.

Just as I'm dishing out food onto plates, the twins come rushing into the kitchen, each of them looking at me with wild, unreadable, eyes. "Granger, We have a serious question for you." George speaks first, slightly stepping back to allow Fred to step in front of me and ask whatever question they'd thought up while changing. "Mione, George and I talked it over and we want you here, with us." My throat goes dry at his question, my feelings for the twins were complicated enough before my year on the run, am I really willing to be in confined quarters with the twins until we find our own ways? Yes. Yes I am. "Seeing as that wasn't a question, I accept the fact that the two of you won't take no for an answer and I would absolutely love to stay here with the two of you. You're all I have left." My confession is hard to get out, so tough in fact that I find I've got my eyes clenched shut. It's not until I feel cool minty breath fan across my face do I realize I've still not opened my eyes and looked at the boys.

Just as I move to open my eyes, I feel a soft set of lips gently touchdown on my own: their owner smells of Cinnamon and Gunpowder... Fred. I don't give myself a chance to overthink things as I kiss Fred Weasley, allowing him to flip our bodies around so he was leaning on the counter and I was leaning on him. I'm so lost in Fred, my breath catches in my throat as a second set of lips latch onto the exposed skin of my neck. As I allow myself to get lost in the twins, I can't help but to think about how much they and I have changed. No longer are we the school children who were constantly at each others throats... now we were war hero's, war hero's who with any luck would be the Cure to healing each other. It isn't something I expect to happen over night, or even in a year or so... the traumas we sustained will take a long time to heal, but, hopefully, it'll work faster if we stick together. If you'd have told me a year ago that sleeping with the Weasley twins would be my saving grace, Id have told you that you're mad... now? Now, I think I'd be lost without it.

(Let Me Know What You Think)