Demetrius Harrison Nott

When Hermione Granger discovered her pregnancy just days after the final Battle of Hogwarts it wasn't as big of a shock as you might think.

She remembered the night Ron left she and Harry in the tent vividly, and for that reason she knew her friends could never find out the true parentage of her child.

They'd think she'd taken advantage of Harry and hate her, and Harry was in love with Ginny- Hermione couldn't ruin his memory like that...

...so she took a leap of faith.

She found out through a mutual friend of Theodore Nott and his struggle to prove his innocence in the war to the Ministry.

When she contacted him asking to meet for tea, she was surprised by how quickly he wrote back with his acceptance.

The day they sat down for tea, she asked what he was willing to do to clear his name and when he told her he would do anything, she made him an offer he greedily accepted.

She offered to come forward with claims of a secret relationship between the two going as far back as their fifth year, in exchange for his last name.

He knew what a relationship with War Heroine Hermione Granger would do for him and his reputation, she would singlehandedly clear his family name.

After he accepted and told her he'd happily make her a Nott if it meant he'd be free of the ministry and their constant accusations, she told him why she wanted his name.

She told him of the child blooming to life within her and that after doing some digging she found out he was a first cousin of Harry Potter, which is why she chose him.

He had the same untamable black hair that anyone with a bit of Potter in their blood had, but he also possessed a striking pair of green eyes which he had inherited from his fathers family.

Once she'd finished explaining she gave him the option to take back his agreement, but he didn't.

He was smarter than that, he knew that by marrying the witch he would clear his name with the ministry...

...but when word got out she was with child, his child, there would be no doubt that he was uninvolved with Voldemort and his followers.

So that very evening the two were married at the ministry, Luna Lovegood and Dean Thomas standing in as their witnesses.

Their wedding night had been a formality, they'd shagged- but only because Hermione knew someone had tipped Rita Skeeter off and she was undoubtedly nearby.

The next morning it'd been plaster all over the papers, the news of their marriage, and I'd didn't take long at all for her to begin receiving letters.

One from George, stating that it should have been Fred, but since it couldn't be that he was happy she was finally happy.

One from Ginny, congratulating her and asking for details of the wedding night.

One from Ron, telling her off for disregarding his feelings entirely and how disappointed Harry would be in her.

Theodore had watched as his wife tossed one of the three letters into the fire and replied to the other two, but not the two he expected her to reply to.

She'd told the owl to take her responses to George Weasley and Ginny Weasley, and suddenly he knew that things were changing rapidly for her.

The months leading up to the birth of their baby, her baby, were just as much chaotic as they were calm.

Somewhere between month one and two of marriage he'd asked her on a date, stating that if they were stuck with each other they should try and make it work.