Facing the Consequences

Hermione;
Charlie and I knew we'd have to own up to it eventually, the older they got the more Gid and Fab started to look like their father, like Fred. It lasted longer than we thought it would- but eventually Molly started to notice it. Instead of seeing Charlie in her grandsons she was seeing two spitting images of the twins. It started with a comment Bill made about the boys heights, which lead to Percy pointing out that they had Blue eyes, but Charlie and I did not... eventually Ginny pointed out their noses to her mother casually over lunch- the same day Ron thought it was funny how Gid and Fab had high, sharp, cheekbones when Charlie and I didn't have features nearly as sharp... but the real questions didn't come along until Arthur pointed out that George's twin sons, Freddy and Griffin, looked like they were siblings instead of cousins with my boys. Molly waited until we'd sent all three of our children of on the Hogwarts express before requesting Charlie and I come to the borrow for family dinner- we didn't think of it until we arrived and saw Molly and the others sitting in front of a tapestry.

"Anything the two of you'd like to tell us?" Molly asks, her voice thick with sobs yet to be cried. "We didn't want anyone to find out." Charlie says, sitting down and pulling me into his lap, our hands grasping onto each others tightly. "Why? Why keep this hidden from all of us... from George?" Ginnys pissed, and it's clear in her tone that she's on the verge of exploding. "George knows." I whisper, twisting my wedding ring around my finger carefully. I see Molly's face harden slightly while everyone else turns to George and his wife with wide eyes, Katie knew too- We knew George had told her. "Is Hydra even Charlie's or did you bed yet another one of my sons and have him take the blame?" Molly's voice is cold and cutting as it washes over the room, Ginny gasps and moves to stand up, but Luna stops her from overreacting. "It doesn't matter who's she is, Molly- you haven't got to worry about seeing her or the boys again." I say standing up, turning to Charlie. "I'm going home to put dinner on, I'll see you at the reserve."

I apparate away without another word, leaving Charlie to deal with his crazy arse mother.

Charlie;
After my wife of fifteen years left my mother house, leaving behind my wide eyed family to deal with the reality of the situation at hand. "How bloody dare you." I find my voice all at once, and I'm on my feet... shouting at my mother who looks shaken as it is. "How dare I, Charles Weasley? How dare you keep something like this from me?!" She shouts, getting to her feet to stand across from me. "It wasn't my damn secret to tell- Hermione was nineteen and terrified of how you'd react, so I stepped up and gave the twins a father. I feel in love with her and it didn't matter if they were Fred's or not, because those are my sons." I pause for emphasis so my words can sink in before I continue at my mother. "So I married her, we had Hydra, and I raised my family with her in Romania. I raised my sons and my daughter... so Mum, I don't give a damn what you've got to say about my family- I don't know if you'll even continue to be a part of it after that."

Ginny and Mum gasp at the harshness of my words, while my brothers are looking at me with a newfound respect, nobody has ever seen me lose my temper- and they certainly didn't expect me to snap so calmly. "Now, if you'll excuse me I need to get home to my wife, My pregnant wife at that, and wait on our sons to write us about our... my... Daughters house." As I move to leave a hand closes over my shoulder and I find George and Katie ready to follow me back to Hermione and I's house, The Nest as we like to call it. "If you feel like apologizing feel free to write- but until you apologize to Hermione and I we won't be at family dinner, or here. You've got to learn that not everything is about you sometimes, Mum. Sometimes we've got to do grown up things and those decisions don't always revolve around you. We did what was best for not only Hermione, but the boys as well." I don't give my mother a second glance as I twist on the spot and land in my living room, George and Katie right behind me.

Sometimes you've got to lose family to find out who's really got you.

————————————————————————
Hermione;
Two years after the unfortunate falling out with Molly, Charlie and I decided to tell the boys the truth... and it changed nothing. Charlie would always be their dad, no matter what Biology said; Then a year after that, their nineteenth birthdays, they came to Charlie and I and told us of their plans to marry: Gideon had fallen for young Apple Krum (her parents Viktor Krum and Cho Chang named her after the professional Quidditch team Viktor coached- The Appleby Arrows) and our Fabian had fallen head over broom for Holly Wood (her father Oliver Wood and mother Alicia Spinnet had named her for her mother's professional team- the Holyhead Harpies) and the four of them wanted to have a double wedding at the twins home team stadium, in Bulgaria. So Charlie and I made sure they got the wedding of their dreams, and even invited Molly and Arthur, at the request of our sons. Today Charlie and I sit in the pews with our two youngest children, our daughters, Hydra and Blair, and watch our boys become men... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My family is nothing if not amazing.

(Thoughts?)