The Beaters Girl (OC/GW)

She was his girl.

From the very moment he laid eyes on her he knew that she was something special.

He didn't give a damn if she was a Slytherin.

He didn't care if she was Blaise Zabini's twin sister...

...or that her brother was best friends with Draco Malfoy.

Something about Astra Zabini was different.

She was unique...

...and unbeknownst to her, she had captured the attention of George Weasley the moment the sorting hat was placed upon her head.

Over the course of her first year, he watched her.

He took notice of the disapproving looks she shot her brother and Malfoy when they went at Ron and his friends.

He took notice of the laugh she concealed when he and Fred pulled a prank.

He took particular notice of the way she carried herself in comparison to her brother.

While Blaise was just as cruel and taunting as his friends, Astra was polite and reserved.

She showed him something he never expected to see from a Slytherin.

She showed George Weasley that anybody could be kind, regardless of their upbringing.

He spent most of his summer holidays leading up to his fourth year thinking about the young Slytherin.

Wondering what would become of her when the new term started up.

If she would remain the sweet girl he observed her to be or if she would become her brother.

When he and his family had arrived at the train station to load the Hogwarts Express, he'd gotten his answer immediately.

Draco Malfoy and her brother had cornered a first year, intending to harass the poor boy.

She'd appeared out of nowhere, like a true guardian angel.

"Blaise Astor Zabini! Stop it right now and get in this compartment or else I'll write Mum."

George had watched in awe as she tiny girl grabbed her brother by his ear and dragged him into a compartment...

...slamming the door closed in Malfoy's face before he could follow them inside.

His fourth year turned out to be a particularly scary one, but even still he proceeded to watch her.

To this day he'll still swear the first time he every truly saw Astra Zabini was the first time Malfoy called Hermione a Mudblood.

He and Fred made to lunge for Malfoy, only to be stopped in their tracks when she appeared out of nowhere.

He'd watched with a dropped jaw as the young witch smacked Draco Malfoy with enough force to send the boy flying.

"You'll learn to hold your tongue, Draco, especially when in the presence of a lady. What would your mother say?"

Those as her parting words the girl stalked off, her head held high.