The Wrong Ginger (HGxFW) (NBC)

She hadn't meant to do it.

Really.

It was an honest mistake.

The ministry had fallen.

The wedding had been ambushed.

In her rush to get Harry and Ron to safety, Hermione Granger had made a mistake.

A mistake she was sure she'd find humorous if not for the severity of the situation at hand.

She'd successfully grabbed hold of Harry, no mistake made there.

Her mistake had been when she'd attempted to seize hold of Ron.

He'd been standing with a few of his siblings when things went to hell.

She'd seen a head of ginger hair rush towards she and Harry and automatically assumed it to be Ron.

Which is what led to the potentially fatal mistake.

She'd grabbed hold of the hand belonging to the ginger in question and twisted on her spot.

It wasn't until after her panicked apparition did she take notice of whom she'd grabbed onto.

She hadn't grabbed ahold of Ronald Weasley as she was intending.

No, she'd grabbed the hand of one of the twins.

Fred, to be exact.

She'd realized only after taking notice that this twin had both his ears.

She had been mortified at her mistake.

However the three of them quickly decided to make do with the situation.

Harry was admit the mission must continue, with or without Ron.

Fred quickly accepted his fate.

He knew Hermione hadn't meant to grab him.

He also came to the conclusion that she and Harry wouldn't survive on their own, not just the two of them.

He'd come to that conclusion the moment she and Harry had explained their mission to him.

Hermione had been quick to usher the three of them into an alleyway, determined to get them into Muggle clothes as fast as possible.

Fred was extremely grateful he and Ron we're nearly the same size.

However, if he'd been any larger in the shoulders Fred would have busted through the shirt she'd given him to wear.

They'd found momentary refuge inside a small cafe.

Hermione had been in the process of placing an order for the three of them when Fred caught sight of two men sitting at the counter.

Death Eaters.

Hermione and Harry had no time to react as Fred shot to his feet and shot off two quick curses.

He'd downed them before they'd even gotten the chance to draw their wands.

His companions had been momentarily stunned by his reflex's...

...but even more so when he turned to them with a stony look on his face.

"Don't say his name."

Those four little words sent Hermione's mind into a frenzy.

They'd made his name into a Taboo.