The Wrong Weasley

Everyone always thought she'd end up with Ron, at one point in time even she thought she'd end up with him...

...but fate had a funny way of ignoring people's expectations.

She'd still ended up an official Weasley, just not the way everyone had expected her to.

Ron was, to put it politely, the wrong Weasley.

There was nothing wrong with him, he had his fair share of the Weasley charm and attractiveness...

...but when it came down to it, he was the wrong Weasley for the Witch in question.

She needed someone to challenge her, somebody who's flames rivaled her own.

She needed somebody was wasn't afraid to get burnt when it came down to it.

After the war she'd been a shell of her former self, so Molly had recommended she spend a few weeks in Romania...

...with Charlie.

Ron hadn't wanted her to go, because somewhere deep down inside of him he knew.

He knew that only two of his brothers had ever been truly equipped to handle the witches flames.

With Fred dead, a casualty of war, that left only one.

Charlie Weasley.

She'd ignored his protests of course, and no less than two days after the final battle Molly had shipped her off to Romania.

She'd taken quickly to life on a Dragon Reserve, loving ever moment of pure, unbridled, adrenaline it gave her.

It was hardly a week before she began to look at Charles Weasley in a new light.

She'd seen something in him no Witch before her had ever looked close enough to see.

She'd seen his flames.

It had happened when she watched him attempt to feed one of the Ridgeback rescues.

The dragon had made to attack him, and he'd stared it down- he'd stared death in the face without a trace of fear in his eyes.

She was shocked when the beast had submitted to Charlie, but that was only until she realized why.

For although the beast was deadly, it viewed Charlie as its superior- as its Alpha.

Nothing romantic blossomed between she and Charlie until he'd seen her flames himself.

He'd been watching her argue with his boss about the treatment of one of the hatchlings.

The witches magic had sparked around her as she'd yelled words at the man that made even Charlie blush.

It was in that moment, he saw her flames.

And it was in that moment that he realized he liked them.

The very next morning he asked her on a date, and she'd agreed without hesitation.

After that first awkward a date, their romance had bloomed from flames into a white hot inferno.

After a full year on the reserve with little to no contact with anybody in England, he confessed his true feelings to the Witch.

He was in love with her...

...and funnily enough....

She just happened to love him too.

When the two made plans to return to the Burrow for Christmas, they failed to mention their engagement.

They'd hoped to keep it a secret until they'd returned to Romania after the holidays, where they then planned to elope.

Their plans changed however, when upon returning home Ron tried to purpose to her.

Charlie had lost his temper and loudly announced to the entire Burrow that she was already off the market.

His proclamation sent the Burrow into a frenzy, and sure enough when the two returned to Romania after their holiday-

They returned as Man and Wife, much to the disappointment of his youngest brother.

She couldn't have cared less if Ron was upset, because she found something in Charlie she could have never found in Ron.

She found fire...

...and everybody knows that you don't play with fire unless you want to get burned....

Hermione Granger was never one to back away from a challenge...

But...

Hermione Weasley was a woman not afraid to get burned.

She'd married the right Weasley, no matter what anybody thought.

It wasn't her fault they'd all expected her to end up in the arms of the wrong brother.

(If anybody was wondering how I pair Hermione with the Weasley Brothers, I'll be honest with you- I use a random number picker between 1-6. Bill being 1 and Ron being 6)