His Name (Soulmate AU)

It happened faster than my brain could comprehend.

One moment Malfoy was prodding at Harry and the Weasley's.

The next, Harry and George had taken off in a mad dash across the pitch towards Malfoy while Fred was being physically restrained by three chasers.

Harry's fist, snitch still in hand, collides with Malfoy's stomach.

George tackles the blonde to the ground and begins laying into him like his life depends on it.

Blood spurts from Malfoy's face, and suddenly I'm on my feet- shouting at Harry and George- rushing towards the pitch.

"Harry! HARRY! GEORGE! NO!"

It's only by some miracle of Merlin himself I'm the first person to reach the boys.

By the time I get to them Harry's standing back watching as George breaks Malfoy's nose.

"GEORGE! GEORGE WEASLEY YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW!"

Momentarily forgetting I'm a witch I grab ahold of George's shoulder and yank him backwards with as much force as I can muster.

George goes flying backwards, but I know he wouldn't have moved an inch if he didn't want to.

I'm nowhere near strong enough to have been able to pull George off Malfoy on my own, I didn't do anything George didn't let me do.

As soon as his back makes contact with the damp grass of the pitch his eyes fly up to meet mine.

Both of us are breathing heavily, our chests heaving as we can't seem to tear our eyes from each other.

Suddenly my neck starts to tingle and I can hear a commotion begin to form around George and I.

He flinches and lifts a hand up to rub at his collarbone, drawing a gasp from me as my eyes follow the movement of his hand.

Wrapping around his collar bone, written in my neat cursive, is my name.

Hermione Granger.

My hand darts to my collarbone and George's eyes follow the moment, widening when they take in the exposed portion of my collar.

I don't need to look to know what he's seeing.

I can feel it's magic.

Wrapping around my collar like a necklace I'll find his name, written in his near chicken scratch handwriting.

Soulmates.

George Weasley is my soulmate.

Hooch and Umbridge are drawing closer so I do the only logical thing I can think to do under circumstance...

I reach into the front pouch of my book bag and draw out a handful of instant darkness powder.

"SCATTER!"

I shout, throwing the powder into the air and yanking George to his feet.

The two of us make a dash from the pitch, me leading all the way to the castle until suddenly George yanks me into a hidden passageway.

Both of us are struggling to catch our breaths... the close proximity the passageway requires of us probably isn't helping much either.

Suddenly after what feels like ages, George pins me to the wall and smirks mischievously down at me.

"Seen me for my true self have you, Granger?"

George teases, raising his eyebrow at me suggestively.

"It would seem so, Weasley- or at least the fates seem to think so."

He grins wickedly at my tone, pushing himself further against me.

"You know, Granger? I've decided there's nothing holding me back anymore."

I look at him questionably, not understanding what he's getting at.

"Absolutely nothing. Not Ron and his crush. Not Harry and his protective brother complex. Not Fred and his constant warnings to keep away from you. Not Mum's Opinions... You're mine, the fates themselves decided so."

As he speaks, George dips his face closer to mine until our lips are only a breath apart...

...if I were to just tilt my head forward even in the slightest the two of us would be snogging.

"I suppose they did, didn't they?"

I breathe my words out slowly and tilt my lips upwards to meet his.

Snogging George Weasley is a feeling unlike anything I've ever felt before.

It just feels right...

I suppose the fates did select him for me for good reason.

I guess we'll just have to see where this takes us.