Dear Fred,

3rd May, 1998
Dear Fred,

It's hard to accept the fact you're gone, almost impossible if I'm honest. I never in a million years thought you wouldn't survive the final battle, I never could have imagined you and George separated. If only I had gotten to you faster, I could have done something- though I'm not sure you'd have accepted the terms that would have accompanied my help. I'm unsure of how to tell the others the truth, that I was bitten while Harry, Ron, and I were on the run... at Malfoy Manor if I want to get specific. I doubt they'll be able to accept my newfound immortality, which is why I'm leaving for Italy first thing tomorrow morning. The Vampire who turned me, Ciaus, has invited me to join he and his coven, The Volturi. He told me I was his Singer, that he could smell my blood singing to him for miles- that the only reason he didn't drain me dry is because he could tell my gift of magic would be something worth cultivating into the guard... I know writing to you about all of this is pointless, it's not like you'll ever read it.

I love you for infinity,
Hermione Volturi.

2nd May, 1999
Dear Fred,

This place isn't what I thought it would be. I don't agree with their ways but there is nothing I can do about it for the time being. I learned quickly after arriving that the only reason I was able to control my bloodlust during the early days of my Newborn Stage was because I was simply forcing myself to ignore it... in the days before the battle I was feasting upon the animals surrounding Shell Cottage, but I'm not allowed to do that here. You'd be ashamed of what I've become, just as the others are. I can't imagine spending an eternity on earth without you, Jane believes it is because you would have been my true mate if I had been able to turn you- but I don't think I would have. This life is not a blessing, it is a curse, and I wouldn't wish it upon anybody... especially not you. George only has to live the rest of this lifetime without you, if I had turned you then you'd have had to spend an eternity without your twin. I must go, Caius is calling me.

I love you for infinity,
Hermione Volturi

1st June, 1999
Dear Fred,

I have missed you more in this last month than I ever could have imagined possible. It is to the point that Aro had threatened to turn George should I not get myself together and let go of the ties to my mortality... but I cannot simply do that. These letters to you are all I've left to remind myself of the life I once was able to lead. To remind myself of the family I found in you Weasley's and Harry at Hogwarts, to remind myself of you and all the happiness you brought me. I'll never forget our first kiss, out in the orchard behind the Burrow the summer before fifth year, it was truly magical and I'm glad my first was with you. I will hold on to that memory for the rest of eternity, and I promise I will never forget you. You were my happiness in even the darkest of times, I'll never stop wishing that I could have joined you in death- so I could have spent eternity with you in the afterlife.

I love you for infinity,
Hermione Volturi

1st April, 2003
Dear Fred,

I apologize for the absence of my letters these last few years, Felix caught me putting the last one away and threatened to tell Aro if I didn't learn to control myself. I only dare write to you today because they've gone to Brazil for the next few days to try and collect another into the guard. I couldn't resist the temptation to write you, today should have been your twenty fifth birthday after all. I cannot risk sending a letter to George, not after they threatened to turn him should I not let go of my ties to my past life, so I'll write to you instead. You should still be here, living and breathing, you did nothing but bring happiness to the world and I'd give anything to have you back. Lee's here now, I discovered him on his deathbed after traveling to London the summer of 2001 upon Lee's request, Dragon Pox had nearly killed him before I got to him. He says he misses you and George now more than ever, and he wishes with everything in him he could still have the both of you with him... I must go, they've returned early.