His Girl (GeorgexHermione)

The burrow was alive with joy this cold December night, the night Hermione Granger was set to marry Adrian Pucey. Everyone was excited for the couple, except for one Weasley brother... he couldn't get Hermione Granger off his mind. "George? Cheer up, mate... She looks happy." his brother told him, but, George just couldn't bring himself to be happy for her. Sure she looked like she loved Adrian... but George loved her. "Fred, l'm going to get some Fire Whiskey... I just can't be here." George says to his twin, not missing the look of sorrow that crosses Freds face. "If she asks, I'll tell her I don't know where you went." Fred says to him, watching with a frown as his identical twists on his spot and is gone with a *Pop*. Fred returns to the tent, taking his seat just before the ceremony starts... He's hurting for his twin, but he can't help but feel happy for Hermione. She had spent years recovering from Ron's death in the final battle, and she finally looked happy.   

She looked for him in the crowd as she stepped into the tent, her white dress making her look like nothing less than an angle. She only had one thing on her brain, George Weasley. Sure she was going to marry Adrian Pucey... but only because she felt it was too late to back out at this point. She knew she had feelings for the younger of the two Weasley twins from the moment she had met him her first year, but, she slowly fell for their little brother... and she crashed after the final battle when he died to save Fred. She thought her feelings would go away, but they didn't... and she knew if she saw him, she would leave without a second thought. For a split second, she thinks she's found him... but this one has both his ears. A small frown graces her lips as the wedding march begins to play and Harry begins to escort her down the aisle. 

He can't believe what he's seeing, Fred Weasley watches in shock as Hermione stops half way to Adrian and shakes her head, whispering something to Harry. The next thing he knows, she's pulling off her engagement ring and handing it to Harry. She runs from the tent, not realizing Fred is following her. She doesn't stop running until she reaches the twins old room. "He's not here you know." He tells her, his eyes still not believing what he's seeing. "Where?" She asks him, tears beginning to form in her eyes. "Leaky Cauldron." the words hardly leave his lips before shes gone, the only evidence she had been there was her heels, laying on the ground in-front of him. Not even a minuet later, a panicked Adrian Pucey, and a grinning Harry Potter ran into the room. "Where is she?" Adrian asks him... "I don't know." Fred says with a smirk at Harry. 

She landed in-front of the Leaky Cauldron still clad in her white dress, her eyes instantly finding him. She could hardly contain her sorrowful laugh when she saw him turn back a shot of Fire Whiskey... He was it for her, and she knew it. She didn't know if she should approach him or not, fearing rejection and embarrassment... Her heart was screaming for her to do something, anything, to get his attention. She hesitantly steps towards him, reaching her hand out to touch his shoulder. Once he turns to face her, she can see the shock written all over his face. "Hermione? What are you doing here?" He asks her, noticing the tears pooling in her eyes... she laughs at his concern and holds her hand out for him, hoping he would notice her lack of a ring... and lucky for her, that's just what he did. 

He couldn't believe it, the girl he had been drinking his weight in Fire Whiskey over was standing right in-front of him. She was still clad in her wedding gown, but something was missing. It took him only a moment to realize what it was... Her ring. "You left?" He asks her, hope in his voice. "I couldn't do it, George." She says, a sad smile on her face. "Hermione, Why? Don't you love him?" He asks her, praying she wouldn't say yes. "George, ever since my first year at Hogwarts there has only been one guy for me... Mind you he can be a prat at times, he's it for me." She tells him, and he notices her step closer to him. "Mione..." He starts, but is cut off by her lips on his. He couldn't believe it... He got the girl, his girl... and he had no plans of letting her go, not this time. 

(Let Me Know How You Feel About This, Please!)