Evans Sisters

When Sirius turned up here an hour ago, I didn't want to believe him... He claimed Lily and James to be dead, and Harry missing. My first instinct was to deny it, that he was lying, but one look into his eyes and I knew. My sister and her husband had been slaughtered in cold blood by Voldemort in the dead of night. My life would never be the same, for what's a twin without their other half? The rest of the Wizarding world is going to rejoice at the alleged defeat of the dark wizard who's been reigning terror for nearly eleven years, but I know deep down that he was not defeated. A man that evil could not simply be defeated by a child, a child just a year of age. It's simply not possibly. Sirius said Hagrid was sent by Dumbledore to retrieve Harry from Godrics Hollow and deliver him into the custody of his aunt... And seeing as he's not with me, the old lune has delivered him to Petunia. The same Petunia who's not spoken to Lily and I since she was old enough to move out of our parents house out fifth year.

"Remus, get your coat, We're going to get Harry." I wake my husband and give no further explanation as I slip my shoes on and direct Sirius to go lay down on our couch. "Mione! I can't, I have to go after Peter... He's the reason they're dead and I won't stop until I rip him limb from limb." Sirius growls at me, flinching when Remus enters the room and snarls in warning at his tone. "Peter isn't our concern right now, Harry is, and when we get him back here I'm sure he's going to want his Uncle Padfoot. So lay the bloody fuck down and take a nap, Sirius."  I snap, glaring him into submission. "Fucking fine." He shouts, angrily stripping down into his boxers and stomping over to my couch. "Good boy, Remus and I will be back in a few hours and I expect you to still be on that couch when we return or I'll absolutely have your head, do you here me, Black?" He grumbles in reply and waves me and Remus off. "Love, what's happened?" Remus asks once we climb into the car, he wasn't awake when Sirius arrived so he doesn't know yet.

I wait until he turns the engine over and begins driving before I start talking. "Peter betrayed us all... Lily and James are dead, Harry's been delivered to Petunia." Remus's grip on the wheel tightens to the point his knuckles turn white and he growls monstrously, Moony threatening to take over. "You need to calm down Remus, we've got four hours worth of driving to do so we can take Harry from my bitch of a Sisters house and I can't have you driving angry, you'll get us both killed." I snap, reaching over to smack him on the nose. He huffs out in annoyance, but complys and takes a few deep breaths to calm himself. "What are they saying then?" He asks after a while, his voice thick with unshed tears. "A load of shite, they're saying Harry defeated him... As much as I hate to say it I think I need to host a press conference. The more attention I can take off Harry the easier it'll be for him in the long run." Remus glances at me questionably and I further explain my idea. "I'm going to make them believe Lily defeated him, not Harry."

His eyes widen in understanding and he sucks in a sharp breath of air. "It'll take him out of the spotlight." He agrees a few seconds later, drumming his hand against the wheel. Taking out my wand I preform a spell that will allow me to see Harry, and what I see makes me blood boil. "Get your phone out and call Child Protective Services and have an agent meet us at Petunia's." I grit out as I watch my sister place a basket containing my nephew in the cupboard under the stairs and shut the door on him. "What's going on?" He asks, pulling his phone out and dialing the number quickly. "I'm taking Harry, and Dudley if I have my way. Petunia just put Harry in a cupboard and locked him in." Remus's jaw grits and he begins speaking rapidly with an agent on the phone, telling them to have someone meet us on Privet Drive in no less than two hours. As soon as he hangs the phone up he presses his foot to the gas and we spend the next hour and a half speeding through England and arrive outside my sister's house half an hour before the CPS agent is set to meet us. "Call Sirius and gave him go prepare Harry's room for two toddlers instead of one." I snap at my husband as my icy glare settles on my sister's house, my mind running wild with all the things I'd like to say to her. Remus quickly makes the call and when he explains why I can hear Sirius angrily shouting from the other end and know Petunia is damn lucky I didn't bring him with us. He'd kill her with the mood he's in right now.