Hermione Granger and The Goblet of Fire

(This is a tester of the first three chapters of a story I'm working on- it'll be eventual Cedmione with bits of Geomione, Fremione, and Theomione hidden within its plot line)

Hermione POV;
After the twins failure to enter their names into the Goblet, all students under the age of seventeen mutually came to understand that they would have no way possible to enter their names into the cup... which is why the three days leading up to today have been peaceful regarding the tournament. The older students entered their names, while us younger years watched and debated on who would get chosen tonight. I myself think if anybody is bound to get chosen it'll be Viktor Krum. Currently, I'm sitting in between Harry and Ron as Dumbledore makes a small speech before the choosing of the champions, and I already have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach... something isn't right. "Does something feel off to you?" I whisper to Harry, not surprised at all when he shrugs me off and tells me I'm imagining it. My attention is drawn back to the front of the room when Dumbledore clears his throat and the Goblet begins flaming up, launching a piece of blue parchment into the air. Headmaster Dumbledore catches it with ease and reads off the name of the first Champion. "Representing Beauxbatons will be Miss Fleur Delacour."

The pretty blonde stands and makes her way to the front of the hall, reaching her headmistress just as the Goblet releases the next slip of paper. "Representing Durmstrang will be Mr Viktor Krum." I watch the international quidditch star stand and make his way towards Fleur, he doesn't even make it all the way to the top of the hall before the final slip of paper is in the hands of Dumbledore. "Representing Hogwarts will be our very own Cedric Diggory!" I can't help but grin when Cedric stands and rushes towards the front of the hall, the older Hufflepuff has a contagious smile. Just after the lead the Champions into the trophy room, the feeling in my gut returns and just as I move to stand up, the Goblet releases another slip of paper into the air- welp, That'll be Harry; It's always Harry. "Harry Potter!" Knew it. I push Harry to his feet and towards Professor Dumbledore, my body on fire with bad feelings... I need to read the rules about this tournament and I need to read them now. Ever since first year Harry has had to deal with Voldemort and this has the dark side written all over it.

They release us from the Great Hall as soon as Harry is in the trophy room with the other Champions and Professor Dumbledore- and I'm in the library immediately. As soon as the rule book is in my hands I start reading, not about to let Harry actually compete in this death tournament. It takes me nearly four hours to find the one loop hole in this tournament, and I don't like it very much at all... that doesn't change the fact I'm still going to do it despite the possible consequences it could have to not only my academic success- but also my health and safety... if it'll keep Harry safe, then I'll do whatever it takes. So first thing tomorrow morning I'm going to march myself down into the hall and make a right arse of myself in the name of the Wizarding world and nobody can do a thing to stop me; Once Hermione Granger sets her mind to something its impossible to change her mind. When it comes to how I look at Harry and Ron, I see the brothers I never had- and I'll be damned if someone's going to hurt my family.

*Time Skip, Next Day*

Waking up this morning I pull on my school uniform and grab my wand, after already having decided to yank Harry up by the back of his robes immediately following my arrival to the great hall. Taking one final look at myself in the mirror, one last glance at what little childhood innocence I had been clinging so tightly to since first year, I straighten my shoulders and lift my chin. If I'm going to pull this off I need to reek of confidence and make myself appear worthy enough to strip a champion of his title. As I turn to exit my dorm I sling my book bag over my shoulder and walk down the stairs into the common room, instantly being swept into the grasp of Fred Weasley the moment my feet leave the bottom step. "Granger, you and I need to talk- Now." Fred drags me out of Gryffindor tower and down the hall, yanking me into a broom cupboard and casting several locking and silencing charms on the room before spinning to face me. "I know what you're about to do, I saw you in the library last night and I put it together myself."