1. alexandra

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"

I figured I was dreaming but when I suddenly felt all this weight on top of me, I knew this was real life.

I opened one eye to see my five year old son, Jaden, sitting on my stomach and smiling down at me.

"What's up, baby?"

"It's my first day of school!" he beamed.

I giggled at my excited little boy and sat up some. "You're really excited, aren't you?"

He happily nodded and I giggled again before kissing his forehead. He jumped off the bed and onto the floor as I got a good look at his outfit.

"Jaden, baby, did you dress yourself this morning?"

Considering we live alone, I'm guessing that's a yes.

"Yes, Mommy."

There was actually nothing wrong with the way he was dressed. The only problem was his shoes were on the wrong feet.

I helped him fix his shoes then went in the bathroom to brush my teeth as he watched tv. Once I was done, I sent him out of the room so I could get dressed, then went downstairs to get him some breakfast. I poured him some cereal, watched him eat and when he finished, I put his bowl in the sink so we could go.

We went out to the car, I strapped him in his seat and we took the twenty minute trip to his new school. We walked through the halls until we found his classroom, where his teacher, Ms. Susie, was standing outside with a big smile on her face.

"Good morning!" She's a very perky person.

"Good morning," I said back.

"Good morning, Jaden," she smiled at him.

"Good morning!"

I smiled and squatted down to his level. "I want you to be a good boy for Ms. Susie, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy."

I gave him a kiss and stood back up. Once he was in the classroom, I left the school so I could go to my new job. I got a call from the Los Angeles Clippers saying they wanted to offer me a job as their athletic trainer and I wasn't gonna turn it down, so Jaden & I moved to California.

I pulled up to the Clippers practice facility and nervously made my way inside. I don't know why I'm so nervous; I've worked with athletes before.

I stood there watching them shoot around until Coach Rivers acknowledged my presence. We introduced ourselves before he called the players over.

"Guys, this is Alexandra Simmons. She's our new athletic trainer," Doc said, introducing me.

They all said hello, then they all went back to shooting around. Well, all of them but three.

"Hey Alexandra, I'm Matt." He extended his arm for me to shake his hand and I did. He smiled and reluctantly let go of my hand.

"I'm DeAndre, but you can call me DJ." This one bit his bottom lip as he shook my hand. I've heard how goofy he is, so he could make my job a little more fun.

"And I'm Blake." He licked his lips as he shook my hand. Wow he's got one hell of a jawline.

"Nice to meet y'all," I said, trying to take my hand back from Blake, "but y'all should probably get back to practice before coach starts yellin'."

"Right," Matt said, jogging back onto the court.

"It was nice meeting you, Alexandra," DeAndre winked before following Matt.

I was left alone with Blake, who looked like he had no intentions of going back to practice.

"You should --"

"Griffin, stop flirting and get back over here," Doc teased, making everyone, including me, laugh.

"I guess I'll be seeing you around," he said, slowly backing away.

"I guess you will."

He went on the court with the rest of his teammates, and I just sat down and watched them practice.

Working with these guys will definitely be interesting.

_____________________________________________________________

Should I continue or nah?