12. finally friends

Alexandra's POV:
I guess I can't really call Blake "Satan" anymore because he's not that bad. He's actually pretty cool.

He asked me to just stay and hang out with him for a while and even though I was skeptical at first, I agreed.

When we got in his living room, there was some blonde chick holding a child. I assumed it was his baby mama considering the child looks just like him.

"What are you doing in here?" Blake asked her.

"I knocked, but you never came to the door." She looked me up & down with disgust, then turned her attention to Blake, "you know I don't want your hoes around my son."

Damn Ma. Why I gotta be a hoe?

"Woah, there's nothing going on between us. I'm just the trainer for the team," I said, defending myself, "I think I'm just gonna g--"

"No, you're staying," Blake said, "Brynn, you need to chill. Just because you see me with a woman, that doesn't mean I'm sleeping with her. Relax."

She sighed and turned her attention back to me, "I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's cool. I would've probably done the same thing." But I don't have a baby daddy, so I don't have that problem.

She handed the little boy to Blake and I swear, his whole face lit up when he got in Blake's arms. It was so heartwarming, I wanted to cry.

After baby mama left, I just stood there awkwardly while the child stared at me. He's so cute.

"Ford, this is my friend, Alexandra. Can you say hi?"

The little boy smiled and waved, "hi Rah Rah!"

"Hi! You're so cute!"

He smiled, showing off all his teeth, and I smiled back. It made me miss the days when Jaden was this age.

I watched Ford grab Blake's face and squish his cheeks together, and I laughed a little. Say what you want about Blake, but it's obvious how much he loves his kid.

"We're gonna have to watch kids' shows until he goes to sleep," Blake said as we sat on the couch, "I hope you don't mind."

"You're talking to a girl who's spent the last five years of her life watching kids' shows," I chuckled, "of course I don't mind."

He smiled and turned the TV to something called Team Umizoomi, and Ford seemed to get really excited. After the first fifteen minutes, my childish ass was so in to the show, I didn't realize the pizza Blake had ordered was already here.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Ford.

He smiled and nodded, making me laugh a little.

"Come on." I picked him up and went into the kitchen where Blake was.

--+--

the next day..

I am so tired. I didn't get home until three o'clock this morning, and I couldn't sleep once I got in my bed.

I tiredly watched as the guys practiced until I saw two people walking toward me. I slowly turned my head and saw that it was Reyna & India.

"You look like shit," Reyna stated.

"Wow. Thanks Rey," I chuckled groggily.

They each sat on either side of me, and I just rested my head on my knees.

"What's wrong?" India asked.

"I'm tired," I whined, "I didn't get home until three this morning."

"Where the hell were you?" Reyna asked.

I immediately regretted telling them that. I can't lie because Reyna knows me better than anyone, but the last thing I wanna do right now is tell India where I was last night.

"I...was at Blake's house," I mumbled sheepishly.

Even though I was looking straight ahead, I could see India smirking at me out of the corner of my eye.

"What were you doing there?" She continued to smirk and raised her eyebrow.

"He asked me to come over to look at his knee," I said casually.

Reyna & India looked at each other, then looked at me.

"You were lookin' at his knee until three in the morning?" Reyna asked.

I let out a defeated sigh, "there wasn't anything wrong with his knee. He just used that as an excuse to get me to his house."

"And uh, what exactly did y'all do?" India asked.

I couldn't help but laugh at her because her facial expression was priceless.

"Man, chill," I laughed, "we watched movies and we just fell asleep."

"Like the kinda sleepin' you do after sex or --"

"No, India!" I laughed, "we slept on his couch."

"That explains why he keeps looking at you," Reyna pointed out.

We all looked out onto the court and sure enough, Blake was looking at me. He smiled and winked, but I really wish he wouldn't have.

"He really likes you," India said, "it won't be long before y'all are in his bed, sweaty & naked --"

"Why does everything always have to end with sex when I'm talking to you?" I asked India, trying my best not to laugh.

"I already told you, Alex. There's sexual tension between you two, and y'all just need to let it out."

"She's right, Zan," Reyna chimed in, "you can tell by the way he looks at you that he wants to fu--"

"Okay, you two, that is enough."

Luckily, practice just ended and the guys came over to us and took the girls' attention off of me. I closed my eyes for a second, then felt a heavy arm around my shoulders. I already knew who it was but because I was so tired, I didn't even feel like telling him to move his sweaty arm.

"What's wrong?" Blake asked in my ear so only I could hear him.

"I'm tired," I said groggily, trying to keep my eyes open.

I didn't even realize my head was on his chest until his scent filled my nostrils. Even though he's all sweaty & gross, he still smells good. I could sit like this forever.

"Well aren't y'all cute," I heard DJ say.

I chuckled a little, then flicked him off, making everyone laugh.

"Alex, maybe you should go home and get some sleep," Reyna suggested, "I'll get Jaden from school, and he can stay with me until you wake up."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

I unintentionally moved closer to Blake, but he obviously didn't mind. He just moved his hand up & down my arm comfortingly.

"Yes, I'm sure," she said, "And I don't think you should drive home either."

"I'll take her home," Blake volunteered.

"Of course you will," I heard India mumble.

Something told me there was a smirk on her face. I don't know why, but I felt like there was.

"I heard that India."

"Mhm, I'm sure you did," she snickered, "just go to sleep and let your boo take you home."

She said that last part loud enough so only I could hear, then patted my head like I was her dog. I didn't even bother to respond because I know she's just gonna have a quick comeback.

All the warmth I was getting from Blake's body suddenly disappeared but before I could complain, I felt him pick me up. He started walking out of the building, and I just completely relaxed in his arms and rested my head on his shoulder.

This is something I could get used to.