58 • bitter baby mama

Alexandra's POV:

When I woke up, I just stared at the TV for a while and thought about last night. This guy I used to talk to & his "company" were in town, and he invited me & some friends to the strip show he was in, so India, India's friend, Erica, & I were gonna go. However, Blake found out, and he told me it would make him uncomfortable, and I thought about not going...until Erica opened her mouth. Her exact words were, "he's not your daddy or your husband, so you can go if you want." And that's what we did. We went.

The constant chimes from my phone snapped me out of my guilt trip, so I picked it up and I had some text messages & missed calls from India, DJ...and Blake.

From: india 💁🏽💕
even tho erica's annoying ass almost got us kicked out, last night was fun

From: india 💁🏽💕
i just got bitched at by hyland LOL 🌚

From: hyland 😁
You know you're in trouble right?

From: hyland 😁
Blake's pissed

How the hell did Blake find out?! I thought to myself. India & I told Erica not to put anything on social media, so how did he know?

From: india 💁🏽💕
ok this isn't funny anymore because now you're in trouble

I sat up and swallowed thickly when I scrolled down and Blake's messages came into view.

From: my boo 😘🐘💛
You went out last night anyway?

From: my boo 😘🐘💛
Why aren't you answering your phone?

From: my boo 😘🐘💛
So you're just gonna ignore me?

From: my boo 😘🐘💛
Since you don't wanna answer your phone I'm coming over

When I realized his last message was sent ten minutes ago, I jumped out of bed to brush my teeth and take a shower. When I got out, I got dressed in a pair of shorts & a tank top. I figured if I showed enough skin, he wouldn't be as angry.

I went downstairs and paced back & forth with Marley trotting behind me. I giggled at him, but then I jumped at the sound of a loud knock at the door. I hesitantly opened it, and I smiled when Blake walked in, hoping my cute face would make him smile.

"Hey, babe! You look so nice today." I took a step forward to hug him but he looked like he didn't wanna be touched, so I backed up. "Um, do you want something to drink? I'm gonna get you something to drink."

I rushed into the kitchen before he could say anything. I opened the refrigerator, but he walked up behind me and closed it.

"Start talking," he simply said.

I chuckled nervously. "How has your day be—"

"Don't try to be funny, Alexandra."

Hearing him call me by my full name was like a slap in the face because he never did it. To be honest, it didn't even sound right coming from him.

"Alright, I understand you're 'mad' or whatever, but it's baby girl or babe when you're talking to me, not Alexandra," I said, pretending to be mad. His features softened, and a small smile tugged at his lips. "Yes! I got a smile."

As soon as I said that, the smile disappeared, and I cussed myself out mentally. Why did I open my mouth?

"Why would you go to that show after I told you I wasn't comfortable with it?" he finally asked. "Did you do it out of spite? To get back at me?"