29 • evonne's next step

After finding out about Alexandra & Jaden, Evonne decided to get some more information from Alexandra's sister, Aubrianna. Luckily, Alex was the only one from the Simmons family to cut off communication with the Hunnicut family.

Evonne knocked on Aubrianna's door, and she answered almost immediately.

"Oh hey, Von. What's -"

"Why didn't anyone tell us about Alexandra's pregnancy?" Evonne blurted.

Aubrianna stood there, shocked and a little confused about how Evonne found out about her sister. Not knowing what to say, Aubrianna opened the door a little wider to let her friend in.

"How did you find out?" Aubrianna asked.

"Owen figured it out," Evonne said, "why didn't anyone tell us?"

"Honestly, we felt like it wasn't our place to tell y'all. You would have to ask Alex or Michael."

Aubrianna gave Evonne a bogus answer because she didn't wanna tell her the truth; she thought Alex should do that.

"How am I supposed to talk to Alex when she changed her number?"

Aubrianna sighed and contemplated if she should give Evonne her sister's number. She knew Alex would be mad about it at first, but it was time for her to come clean, so she gave Evonne Alex's number.

"Thank you, Aubs. I just hope she talks to me," Evonne said.

"She will," Aubrianna reassured her, "you're not the one she has the problem with."

Aubrianna hated to be so shady, but she was right. Evonne, nor the rest of her family, were the problem when it came to Alex.

•~•~•

Los Angeles, California

Alexandra's POV:

Since Jaden didn't have school today, he's going with me to work. Before going to the practice facility, I went to Chick Fil A to get him breakfast.

"Mommy, did you know if you marry Blake, I will get a daddy and a brother?" Jaden asked, taking a sip from his orange juice, "And a dog!"

I looked at him through the mirror for a second and raised an eyebrow. "Jay, why do you like Blake so much?"

He shrugged, "I don't know."

I laughed at the look on his face and the way he said "I don't know." As much as I hate to admit it, he looks like Michael right now.

"I don't think me & Blake will be getting married, Jay. We don't even like each other like that," I lied, parking the car.

"That's not true, Mommy," he said to me as we walked into the building, "you like him because you always let him kiss you."

He grinned, causing me to laugh at him again. He's so goofy.

"Whatever," I chuckled.

I greeted everyone in the gym and made sure not to make eye contact with Blake, so I wouldn't end up smiling like an idiot.

Doc told me Jaden could stay on the court with everyone, so I went in the office with Matt because I wanted to see how his calf was. After he left, I leaned against the table with my back facing the door.

I was replying to some messages, when I felt a set of arms around my waist. Since I already knew it was Blake, I didn't bother to turn around.

"You should be working, not texting," he said, kissing my cheek.

I smirked. "And you should be practicing, not kissin' on my neck." I turned around in his arms, and he kissed my lips. "Seriously, what does Doc think you're doing when you come back here?"

"I don't know."

Everyone, including Doc, knows about me & Blake. It was supposed to stay a secret, but that's kinda hard when Blake can't keep his hands to himself in public.

"You need to go back out there. For real," I said, sitting on the table, "they probably think we're having sex."

"I don't feel like practicing," he whined, standing in between my legs.

I snickered at how he was acting as he laid his head on my shoulder. He kissed my neck and ran his fingertips under my shirt, and I put my hands on his waist. Luckily, my phone rang and when I saw that it was my sister, I got excited.

"Alright, Blake, go. My sister's calling."

I unlocked my phone to answer the call, thinking Blake would stop, but he didn't.

"Tell her I said hi."

He kissed the weak spot on my neck, and I just giggled out of nowhere, forgetting that my sister was on the phone.

"Blake, seriously, go to practice," I chuckled, pushing him away.

"Alright, I'm going."

He pecked my lips one time and left the office.

'Hey, AB!'

AB: Uh, who is Blake? And what is he doing to you that's got you giggling like a little girl?

I could tell she had a smirk on her face.

'He's just a friend. Anyway, how is everything? I miss y'all.

AB: Everyone's good; we miss y'all too. But uh, Allie...

Aubrianna only calls me Allie when something's wrong.

'What's wrong, AB?'

AB: I did something, but I don't want you to get mad at me.

'What'd you do, Aubrianna?'

AB: I gave Evonne your number...

It felt like someone hit me in the head with a steel baseball bat. Don't get me wrong, I love & miss Evonne, and I know I said I want Jaden to meet his family but damn, that thought just crossed my mind yesterday.

'I'm not mad, but...why did you give it to her?'

AB: They know about Jaden, Alex.

I'm starting to think this is God's way of telling me to tell Michael & his family about Jaden.

'How?! How did they find out?'

AB: I don't know, but they have a lot of questions for you. I just wanted to let you know that Evonne may or may not call you soon.

'Well, thank you. I gotta go, but I'll call you later.'

AB: Okay. Oh, and tell whoever Blake is that I said hi.

My whole face got hot when I remembered she heard Blake & me earlier.

'Yeah, okay.'

I hung up the phone and sat it next to me, thinking about the whole Hunnicut family.

_________________________

do you think Evonne will tell/ask Michael about Alex & Jaden? should she?