8. third time's the charm

Blake's POV:
Today I plan to apologize to Alexandra for the third time. It annoys me that she thinks DJ put me up to it last time. I mean, yeah we talked about it, but that was a sincere ass apology.

I walked into the office and she was standing with her back towards the door, so I took the opportunity to check her out. She wore shorts today and let me tell you, she's got some nice ass legs.

I licked my lips and looked her up & down one last time before I cleared my throat.

"Ms. Simmons?"

"What do you want, Griffin?"

She turned around to face me, then crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the table.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Because I know y'all's voices by now," she said, "now what do you want?"

"I was wondering if you could look at my ankle," I lied.

She moved away from the table and nodded, motioning for me to sit down. I lied back on the table while she examined my ankle.

"I met your son yesterday," I said, trying to spark up a conversation.

"Excuse me?" she said, snapping her head toward me.

I could tell she was embarrassed by her reaction when she held her head down. She's cute when gets embarrassed.

"Sorry," she said sheepishly, "I'm just very defensive when people mention my son."

"It's cool. I understand," I said, "he's a cool kid though. How old is he?"

She slowly looked up and raised her eyebrow at my sudden curiosity.

"Five."

"What about you?" I asked as she moved my ankle around in a circle, "you seem pretty young."

"I'm twenty-one."

Damn.

"Wow. You really are young," I said, shock evident in my voice, "so you had him when you were sixteen?"

"What is this? Twenty questions?" she asked, setting my leg down.

I chuckled and sat up straight, "just tryna start a conversation."

"We don't need to have a conversation," she said with her hands on her hips, "especially about my personal life."

She turned her back to me to walk to the cabinet, but I grabbed her wrist and turned her back around.

"Hey, I really am sorry about being such an asshole to you last week. You didn't deserve that," I said genuinely.

I didn't even realize I was running my thumb across her wrist until she looked down at my hand.

"If I accept this apology, will you leave me alone?" she asked, shifting her weight to her left leg.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Fine. I accept you apology, now get outta my face and go practice."

I chuckled and bit my lip while I continued to hold her wrist in my hand. To be honest, I'm surprised she hasn't pulled it away yet.

"So, are we friends now?" I asked.

"Nah," she laughed a little, "we cool, but we ain't friends."

"Why not?"

She pressed her lips together, then bit her bottom lip before an amused smirk appeared on her face. Got damn, she is fine. If we were here by ourselves, I'd probably try to fuck her on this table.

"Because our personalities clash, man. You need an ego-stroker for a friend, and that ain't me. So run along before coach comes back here, yelling at me for holding you up."

I pulled her closer to me so she was standing in between my legs, "we're gonna be friends someday, Alexandra Simmons. You know you can't resist me."

She pulled away from me, then sucked her teeth and laughed, "you're so lame. Go to practice."

I laughed and hopped off the table, "can I have a hug?"

"No."

"I'm gonna hug you anyway."

"Blake, please do--"

Before she could get the words out, I had already wrapped her up in a tight hug. She wouldn't hug back, so I just stood there with my arms wrapped around her.

"Let go of me."

"I'm not doing anything until you hug me back," I said playfully.

"Oh my God, you're so annoying," she said, wrapping her arms around my torso.

I smirked and let her go as she cut her eye at me.

"Now was that so hard?" I asked jokingly.

"Get out," she said, trying not to laugh, "and don't come back unless you have a real injury."

"Fine. I know when I'm not wanted," I said, walking to the door, "I'll see you later, friend."

She laughed and shook her head, "I'm not your friend."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Alex," I joked.

I walked out of the office and went back out to the court feeling better than I did when I first walked in.

•~•~•

Alexandra's POV:
Well...my day has started off pretty interesting to say the least. I got another apology from Blake, and this time it was genuine. I guess he's not so bad, but I still don't trust him. Ya never know when he might just snap at you for no reason.

I was watching the guys practice, when Reyna walked in and sat next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

She looked out on the court and smiled when her eyes landed on Matt.

"I'm guessing y'all hit it off yesterday," I smirked.

"Yes! He's not as bad as people make him out to be," she gushed, "but enough about that, what's going on with 'Light Bright' over there?" she asked, referring to Blake.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb, Zan. He keeps looking at you and h-- he just winked at you! What is going on?"

I laughed at know dramatic she was. It was only a wink; it wasn't that serious.

"He apologized to me again today."

"Please tell me you accepted this one," she said, almost afraid I'd probably say no.

Before I could say "yeah," Doc blew the whistle, dismissing the guys from practice. Almost immediately, Matt, DJ & Blake walked up to us. Blake, of course, sat next to me and put his sweaty ass arm around me.

"What's up, friend?" he grinned.

"Aw, did you two finally kiss & make up?" DJ asked.

"Nah, she wouldn't let me kiss her," he smirked, "but we are friends now."

Here we go with this again.

"I told you I'm not your friend," I joked, "I don't even like you."

"Babe, don't be like that," he said, pulling me a little closer to his sweaty body, "I already told you we're gonna be friends. Don't fight it."

"Whatever," I said playfully, "I gotta go. I'll see y'all tomorrow."

I got up to leave as they all said bye but of course, one person in particular had to be extra.

"Bye Alexandra!" Blake sang.

I turned around, and he was smiling & waving. I rolled my eyes knowing he wouldn't leave me alone unless I said something back.

"Bye Blake."

I left the building, got in my car and sped home. I think it's safe to say my job just got a whole lot more interesting.