4. 0-100

Alexandra's POV:
Getting ready for the game, I put on a pair of khaki pants and the shirt with the Clippers logo that I was given. I sat on the bed to put my shoes on but before I could, Jaden ran in holding his own shoes.

"Mommy," he said in a sing-song voice, "I need help."

I stared at him for a second before I laughed and shook my head at him. My child is such a clown.

I helped him with his shoes, and he ran out. I put on my own shoes, fixed my hair, then left my room. As soon as Jaden & I got downstairs, Reyna walked in the house, of course, wearing a shirt with Matt's number on it.

"I see you're ready," I said, studying her outfit.

"Yaass, Mami. I'm ready to see Matt's sexy ass running up & down that court," she said, clapping her hands together.

I stared at her the same way I stared at Jaden earlier. What has gotten into them today?

"Okay then. Let's go."

I grabbed my jacket & bag, we left the house and headed over to Staples Center.

--+--

"So, where are you from?"

In the middle of stretching DJ out, we just started having a conversation. He's so easy to talk to.

"Why do you need to know?"

He chuckled, "because you have a thick ass accent."

I chuckled back, "I'm from South Car'lina."

Dang. I never paid any attention to the way I talked until now. Shoot, everyone talks like this where I'm from.

"A southern girl," he smirked as he got off the table, "I like southern girls."

He walked out and I moved on to Blake, who I swear has been staring at me for the last five minutes.

"You got somethin' you wanna say to me, Griffin?"

He chuckled, showing off his dimples. "It's just, those pants look really good on you."

He was looking behind me, so I know he was referring to my ass. I just shook my head and laughed, something I've been doing all night.

"I think it's time for you to go out there and warm up," I said.

"Aw, you're tired of me already?" he asked, pouting a little. Cute.

"Yes, now go."

--+--

There were eight minutes left in the first half, and LA was up 55-29 against Utah. Right now, I'm sitting behind DeAndre & Glen and for the last three minutes, they have been acting up. I'm trying to pay attention to the game, but it's kinda hard with these fools sitting in front of me.

I stopped watching DJ dance long enough to look back at the game. Blake went up to dunk, but he came down weird on his ankle. He tried to walk it off, but it was obvious that it was bothering him.

Doc pulled him out of the game, and I walked him to the locker room so I could look at his ankle.

•~•~•

Blake's POV:
Honestly, I forgot all about my ankle when I felt Alexandra's arm around my waist. Whenever she touches me, I feel something. I have no idea what it is, but it's something I've never felt before.

I stopped thinking about that when I remembered my ankle was still hurting. It didn't hurt as bad as before, but it still hurt.

"Got dammit!" I yelled, making Alexandra jump a little.

She timidly walked over to me and sat in a chair to look at my ankle. She slowly moved it to the left, and I hissed in pain.

"Sorry," she said apologetically, yet casually.

She then moved it to the right, and I banged my fist against the table.

"Dammit! Don't you know how to do your fucking job?!" I yelled.

Even though her head was down, I could tell that she'd raised her eyebrow. She lifted her head and turned around, trying to figure out who I was talking to. She turned back around, chuckled, then shrugged it off.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" I asked as she continued to exercise my ankle.

"Look!" she snapped, "you may have talked to the other trainer like that, but I ain't him. I'm not gonna put up with your bullshit. I don't care who you are."

"At least he knew how to do his job," I mumbled.

She looked in my face and smirked, "ya know, you're talkin' a lot of shit considering your ankle is sitting in my hand."

I didn't say anything because she looked like she would break my ankle if I didn't shut up.

"That's what I thought," she said, throwing my leg, "I'm gonna get you some ice."

Everyone came into the locker room and right as Doc approached me, Alexandra came back with the ice.

"How is he?" Doc asked her.

"It's not sprained or anything, but I don't think he should go back out there. He should just rest it for a couple hours."

That's bullshit. If there's nothing wrong, I should be fine.

"Why do I need to sit out if there's nothing wrong with it?" I asked.

She bit her lip out of frustration then cut her eye at me, "unless you wanna be out for the rest of the season, I suggest you shut the hell up and listen to me."

Once again, I didn't say anything. She obviously doesn't care how she talks to people.

"Blake, I think we should listen to her. She knows what she's talking about."

That was the last thing Doc said before he walked off. I sighed, then turned to glare at Alexandra.

"Are you happy now?" I asked her.

"Ecstatic."

She cocked her head to the side and gave me a fake smile, then rolled her eyes and walked out of the locker room.

It's gonna be a long season...