53 • annoyances

Alexandra's POV:

Today was the first game against Golden State, and I ended up going. I told Jaden he could miss school tomorrow so he could come too, which we were both happy about. I loved being able to spend time with him while working. The only downside was I had to deal with Michael since he wanted to bring his monkey ass a day early.

"Hey, Simmons." I looked to my left, and Steph was walking toward me. "Who is that up there with Jaden?"

I turned around to look at Jaden, and he was having an animated conversation with Michael. I didn't know what they were talking about but he was excited about it, and it made me smile.

"That's his dad," I said casually, causing him to look at me in disbelief. "Yeah, I'm shocked too. He just showed up one day a few months ago, and he's surprisingly still here."

"Well, better late than never...I guess," he replied. "So how's it going with you & Blake? Is he treating you right?"

I laughed. "Yes, Dad. He's treating me just fine."

"He better be. I don't wanna have to mess him up if he hurts you."

I laughed again, this time a little louder. It was nice to know he cared about me, but the thought of him trying to fight Blake was funny to me.

Before I could tell him how ridiculous he sounded, Klay & Draymond approached us, and I rolled my eyes. The two of them get on my nerves, and they always insisted on irritating me whenever they saw me.

"We need to talk," Klay said to me. I looked at Steph, but he shrugged, not knowing what was wrong with his teammate. I crossed my arms over my chest with an amused smile on my face as I waited for him to tell me his problem. "I thought you said you don't date light skinned guys?"

I laughed because I remember the day I told him that. We were both over at Steph's house, and he kept bothering me, asking if I would go out with him. I lied and told him I didn't date light skinned guys, and I hadn't had a problem with him since then.

"I don't," I giggled.

He, along Steph & Draymond looked at me as if I grew a second head. "Then why are you with Blake?"

I sighed and playfully rolled my eyes because I was genuinely entertained by how upset he was. "You can't help who you fall for, Klay."

"That's bullshit, Alexandra." He put his arm around me, but I shrugged it off. "Now why is it that you wouldn't go out with me, but you'd go out with Blake? And if you don't like light skinned men like you claim, why wouldn't you give Dray a chance?"

I looked at the annoying men around me and laughed for what seemed like the fiftieth time today. One would think they'd be more focused on the game they'd be playing in a few minutes instead of my personal life.

"Because I don't even like y'all. And didn't y'all say Steph is like y'all's brother?" I asked them, and they nodded. "Well, I also consider him a brother, and if I were to date one of you, that would be incest, and I ain't 'bout that life."

"Me & Steph ain't even that close," Draymond said.

"We aren't either," Klay added, putting his arm around my shoulders.

I shook my head. "That's cool, but none of that matters because I'm already in a relationship."

"You should just let him go and get with a winner," he said, making me look at him sideways. "You know I'll treat you right."

He moved his hand down my back to my waist, causing Steph, and even Draymond, to look at him like he was crazy.

"Didn't you get caught cheating on your last girlfriend?" I asked.

Steph & Draymond snickered, and I pushed his hand off my waist, then walked away. I was beyond done with him and that conversation.

"What were you talking about over there with them?" Blake asked when I approached him. "And what the hell was he doing with his hands on you?"

I smiled because now that he was my boyfriend, I found his jealously cute. "We weren't talking about anything important, so don't worry. And Klay was just being annoying as usual."

He nodded, and I walked him to the locker room because he needed to focus on this game instead of Klay's annoying ass.

--+--

The Clippers started off doing really well in the first half of the game. They, surprisingly, had a 23-point lead against the reigning champs but after halftime, in typical Clipper fashion, they gave up their lead and lost the fucking game.

•~•~•

Blake's POV:

"I'm surprised you're even talking to me right now," I said to Alex on the ride home. She wasn't as upset as I thought she'd be, which was kinda shocking to me.

"Even though I am pissed about y'all losing, you are still my boyfriend, and I kinda like you," she teased.

I chuckled a little, and she laid her head on my shoulder. It was quiet for a while because Jaden fell asleep, and I knew Alex was tired.

"I have something to tell you, but I don't know how you'll handle it," she said after she yawned.

"What is it?"

She slowly looked up until her eyes met mine, and she smiled nervously. "Michael claims all the hotels in LA were booked, so he's gonna be staying at my house."

The thought of her ex-boyfriend staying at her house honestly made me uncomfortable. I knew he was only there for Jaden, and I trusted Alex, so I knew I had nothing to worry about, but it still bothered me.

"You know I'm not comfortable with that, right?"

She nodded. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll tell him to find another place to stay."

"Don't worry about it."

I kissed her lips, then looked into her eyes, wondering why it took me so long to make our relationship official. She was perfect ─ for me and in general. Of course, she turned me into one of those guys that wanted to be around their girlfriend all the time, but I was oddly okay with it.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" she asked, her light voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Because I love you."

She smiled, then pursed her lips together to hide it. "I do too, babe."

She gave me a kiss, the laid her head back on my shoulder. I knew in the near future, we needed to have a serious talk. Every time I told her I loved her, she would only say "I do too," but she could never actually say "I love you" back to me. I knew she loved me; I just wanted to know why she couldn't say it back.

__________________

Why do y'all think Alex can't tell Blake she loves him?

Sorry it took me so long to update. Writing has been nothing but a struggle for me lately, but this idea came to me the other day, and I was finally able to update for y'all. It's not great, but let me know what you think. ❤️

SN: After 50+ chapters, I finally found a face for Alex.