34 • hot head

Alexandra's POV:

I was so excited to be back home, mainly because I've missed my family so much. However, I am not excited about them meeting Blake, especially my brother.

We took a cab to my dad's house and the minute we pulled into his driveway, I jumped out of the cab and sprinted to the door.

"Excited much?" Blake asked, carrying all the bags.

"Yes!" I shouted as he approached me. "But I apologize in advance for anything they say to you."

I rang the doorbell obnoxiously, and my sister answered the door.

"Alex!" she yelled, pulling me into the house while giving me a hug. "Why didn't you tell anyone you were here?"

"I wanted to surprise y'all." She let me go, then cleared her throat, waiting for me to introduce her to Blake. "Blake, this is my sister, Aubrianna. AB, this is Blake."

They shook hands and greeted each other. Aubrianna is one of few people that knew I'd be working with the Clippers, which is why she's so calm. She just didn't know I'd be bringing one of the players home.

"So when I called you that day at work, this is the Blake you were with?"

"Yeah."

"How did I not figure that out sooner?" she asked herself, making me laugh. "Anyway, everyone's here, and I know they can't wait to see you."

We walked through the house until we got to the den. When she said everyone was here, she literally meant everyone — except my dad.

I was bombarded by cousins, nieces & nephews asking for hugs and wondering how I knew Blake. They eventually told me Jaden was in the kitchen with my brother, so that's where we went.

"Mommy!" Jaden ran to me, and I kissed his cheek. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too!" I smiled. "I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

I signaled for Blake to come in, since I told him to wait around the corner, and Jaden jumped straight in his arms. I don't know why he likes Blake so much, but it's nice.

"You must be the one that always has his hands on my little sister," my brother said to Blake.

I told Jaden to go in the den because I did not want him to hear me cuss his uncle out if necessary.

"Blake, this is my brother, Azriel."

"Nice to meet you."

Blake extended his hand for Azriel to shake, but he just looked at him like he was dumb.

"Are you & Alex dating?" Azriel asked.

Blake looked at me, then looked at my brother. "No."

He nodded slowly. "So y'all are just messin' around? And when you're done with her, you're just gonna toss her to the side like other girls?"

I cut Blake off before he could even say anything because my brother was really pissing me off.

"Man, AZ, get the fuck outta here with these damn questions."

He sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes, which only made me angrier. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You! You're being rude to Blake, and for what? Because you can't handle someone wanting to touch me? Did you forget I have a kid? And that required way more than touching."

"You moved to LA to work with basketball players, not hoe around with them."

I couldn't stand to look at him after that so without saying anything, I went to my old room.

•~•~•

Blake's POV:

As much as I wanted to say something to Alex's brother, I decided against it — especially since he hates me.

"Do you know where she went?" I asked Aubrianna, who was going off on her brother.

"She's probably in her room," she said. "It's upstairs, last door on the left."

I followed her directions and knocked on the door before going in.

"You okay?" I asked, lying beside Alex on the bed.

"No," she mumbled. "He gets on my nerves." She sat up on her elbow, and I did the same. "I'm sorry...for him, but thank you for coming to check on me."

"Stop thanking me for things I'm supposed to do."

She smiled and kissed me, but quickly pulled away when someone knocked on the door.

"AZ, if that's you, go away," she shouted.

The door opened, and her brother walked in anyway, holding a little girl.

"Aunt AJ, Imani wants to see you," Azriel said.

Alex shot him an icy glare, but gladly took the child from him. "What do you want, AZ? You always use these kids against me when you want something."

He sighed and leaned against the dresser. I was gonna leave them alone, but he told me I needed to stay.

"Look, Blake, I'm sorry for that shit down there," he said. "I've done some things I'm not proud of to some girls, and I don't want guys doing the same thing to my baby sister. It was nothing against you, man."

I was kinda surprised that he apologized so soon, but I figured it had something to do with Aubrianna.

"Nah, man, it's cool," I said, shaking his extended hand. "I understand."

He nodded, then turned his attention to his sister, who was too occupied with the little girl to even notice he was looking at her.

"Alex, I'm sorry about what I said —"

"You called me a hoe just because you were mad," she said, finally looking at him.

Once again, I tried to leave these two alone, but they insisted I stay.

"I never called you a hoe, Alex," he said, sitting on the other side of her. "Look, I shouldn't have said that. I just don't wanna see you get hurt again, alright?"

"I understand, and I forgive you," she said, finally looking at him. "But if you talk to me like that again, I won't hesitate to kick your ass."

"Yeah, whatever." He took Imani from Alex and walked to the door. "Oh, Dad's here, and he wants to meet your lil friend."

He cackled as he left the room, and Alex & I went back downstairs. I'm honestly not all that thrilled to meet her dad because things with her brother didn't go so well at first, and I don't wanna go through that again.

We got to the living room and standing in the middle of the room was a tall, dark skinned man, who looked very intimidating.

"Daddy!" Alex ran up to her dad and hugged him.

"Hey, baby." He kissed her forehead, then looked at me, making my palms sweat for no reason. "Who's your friend?"

She stepped back from her dad and stood next to me. "Daddy, this is Blake. Blake, this is my dad, Andrew."

I shook his hand as he continued to look at me with the intimidating stare. "It's nice to meet you, sir."

"What's the deal with you and my daughter?" he asked, gesturing between me and Alex.

She looked at me like she wanted me to tell him the truth, but I'm damn sure not gonna do that.

"W-We're just friends."

He looked at both of us skeptically, and Alex smiled and nodded. "I know that's not true because AZ already told me the truth. I don't agree with what you're doing, but y'all are grown. But if you hurt my daughter, I'll kill you."

He didn't crack a smile, so I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, which is why I started clearing my throat.

"I'm just messin' with you, man. Relax," he laughed. "Anyway, I'm not staying. I just wanted to stop by to see y'all."

He kissed Alex's forehead before he left, then we, along with Jaden, went out so she could show me around her city.