64 • messy michael

two days later..
january 2, 2016

Alexandra's POV:

"I got mind control over Debo. He be like, 'shut the fuck up!' I be quiet. But when he leave...I be talkin' again."

I sat on the couch with Marley while laughing at one of my favorite movies — Friday. Blake took Ford to spend some time with his brother, and India was nice enough to take Jaden to the doctor for me; so I was all by myself. But I really didn't wanna be alone and on top of that, I missed my kid.

"Mommy!"

Speak of the devil.

Jaden ran into the living room, and he jumped on the couch to give me a hug. I kissed all over his face, sending him into a fit of giggles.

"How was the doctor?"

"Good! I grew two inches!" he said excitedly.

I gasped. "My baby is getting so big."

I kissed his forehead just as India walked in, of course, with a Chick-Fil-A bag in hand. She handed me the bag and a drink, and I grinned.

"Who's car is that in your driveway?" she asked.

My dad, brother, and Blake all pitched in to get me a new car. It was a black Mercedes-Benz G-Class, and I was in love with it. I couldn't wait until I was able to drive again.

"That's my new car," I answered as Jaden crawled into my lap.

"Wow! Someone really loves you."

I smiled. "Oh, before you sit down, I made you something. It's on the counter in the kitchen."

She looked at me skeptically but went in the kitchen anyway. She came back with a box in her hands while shaking her head.

"You did not," she said, taking a cookie from the box.

"I did. I wanted to make you something for being such a good friend, but I didn't know what to make; so I made you a mini red velvet cake, carrot cake, caramel cake, strawberry cake, and some chocolate chip cookies. Whichever you like the most, I'll make you another one."

"You must have been very bored," she laughed, giving Jaden a cookie. "But thank you. I've been craving nothing but sweets lately."

Before I responded, I remembered Blake told me India wanted to talk to me. Last time we talked, she told me she had a conversation with Reyna; so I assumed that's what she wanted to talk about.

"Blake told me you wanted to talk to me about something. Is everything okay?"

She looked at me out of the corner of her eye and sighed with a nod. "I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened and seconds later, a smile took over my face. "Congratulations!" I was gonna hug her until I noticed the look on her face. "I take it this isn't good news?"

She shrugged, setting the box on the table. "I don't know if I'm ready for a baby, especially now that DeAndre's first child was just born. I don't think I can —"

I listened to her attentively, but I tuned everything out after "DeAndre's first child." What the hell did she mean his first child? Where the hell have I been?!

I shook my head quickly and furrowed my eyebrows while looking at her. "Pause! Rewind! Play! What do you mean DeAndre's first child was just born? What child? What's goin' on?!"

"Some time last year, we broke up for a couple weeks. I guess in that time, he got some woman pregnant."

I gave her a look. "He went and had a break baby?!" I then gasped. "He pulled a DWade?"