51 • his feelings

august 18, 2015

Alexandra's POV:

Today was Jaden's first day of first grade, and I was a mess. My baby was growing up too fast, and I didn't know how to handle it.

"Mommy, you promised you wouldn't cry," Jaden said to me as we approached his school.

"I know, but you're just growing up so fast." We pulled up to the school, and he eagerly took his seatbelt off. "Have a good first day. I love you."

"I love you, Mommy! Bye!"

He got out of the car and walked into the school, and I went back home. I went up to my room and got in bed with Blake, who was still sleeping.

"Blake, get up," I said after staring at him for a few seconds. When he didn't move, I shook him a little. "Blake, seriously, get up."

He groaned and picked up his phone off the nightstand. "Babe, it's 7:45. Go back to sleep."

I propped myself up on my elbow and sighed. "I'm too sad to go to sleep."

He finally opened his eyes and turned his body to me. "Why are you sad? And why are your eyes red? Were you crying?"

I nodded and laid my head on his chest. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back, and it made me want to fall asleep in his arms.

"I can't believe Jaden is already in the first grade. Why couldn't he just stay a baby forever?" I pouted. He chuckled deeply, and I bit my lip. "Speaking of Jaden, how are you feeling now that Michael's back?"

He sighed. "Can we talk about this later? It's early, and I'm tired."

"This conversation could've been over and done with last week, but you were too busy ignoring me."

"I wasn't ignoring you," he said, sounding exasperated. "Can we please just talk about this later?"

"Fine."

I moved so I could lay my head on my pillow, turned my back to him, then closed my eyes to go back to sleep.

•~•~•

Blake's POV:

While I slept, I felt someone biting on my ear, and I heard my name being whispered. I opened my eyes, and Alex was lying next to me with her leg thrown over me.

"What time is it?" I moaned when she started sucking on my neck.

"Almost 10:30." She nibbled on my ear, and my hand automatically went to her butt. "I need you to get up so we can talk."

I moved her so she was lying on top of me. "Or we could just do this and talk afterwards."

She chuckled. "Or we could talk first and have sex later."

I didn't understand why she wanted me to talk about her ex so bad. I already made it clear that I didn't like him; what else was there to say?

"Alright, fine. What do we need to talk about?"

She sat up so she was straddling me. "Don't be like that. I just wanted to know how you're feeling about this Michael situation. After the incident at the mall, you've been acting kinda distant."

"What do you want me to say? I don't care for him, and I don't like that he suddenly showed up claiming he wants to be in Jaden's life. I also thought it was dumb to let Jaden go to the mall with him by himself considering they just met for the first time the day before. But he's not my kid, so it doesn't really matter what I think."

My words came out way harsher than intended, causing her to frown. I didn't want her to think I was mad at her; I was just frustrated.

"Nice to know you think I'm stupid," she said, getting off me.

I rolled my eyes and mentally kicked myself for letting my emotions get the best of me.

"I didn't say you were stupid." I paused for a second. "Can I brush my teeth before we finish this conversation?"

She waved her hand for me to go, and I got up and quickly brushed my teeth. I went back in Alex's room, and she was on her phone.

I got on the bed, lied in between her legs, and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Al—"

"Are you jealous of Michael?" she asked, catching me off guard.

I blinked a couple of times and bit the inside of my cheek to avoid saying something rude. "Why would I be jealous of him?"

"Because he's Jaden's dad...and you're not," she said slowly. I rested my head against her stomach so she couldn't look in my eyes. She somehow could always tell how I was feeling when she did. "Blake?"

"Yes." I tilted my head up so I was looking at her. "Jaden has his real dad now. What does he need me for?"

Of course I already had Ford but in the process of falling for Alex, I grew attached to her son. He made me wish he was my son as well.

Alex ran her thumb across my cheek and smiled. "You're so cute. You know Jaden loves you, so you have nothing to worry about. Sure, Michael is his biological dad, but he can't compete with you."

I smiled and leaned up to kiss her. "Since we're done talking about my feelings and other mushy bullshit, can we have sex now?"

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yes, Blake."

I pulled her legs so she was lying on her back, then I climbed on top of her and ripped her clothes off.

As long as Alex & I were together, I knew I would always have to deal with Michael. Was it something I was looking forward to? No, but there was nothing I could do about it, so I guess I'd just have to suck it up and get over it.

_______________________________

sorry for taking forever to update. i have no excuse, i'm just slack. but i hope y'all liked this chapter!