50 • father of the year

Alexandra's POV:

When we got home from the park yesterday, Jaden didn't talk to me at all. Blake tried to convince me that he was just upset and that he didn't want to talk to anyone, but I knew that meant he didn't want to talk to me.

I was in the middle of making breakfast when Blake walked in the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my temple.

"Good morning."

"Morning," I said dryly.

He spun me around so I was facing him and put his hands on my hips. "Are you still upset?"

"Yes!" I frowned. "My own kid ha—"

I stopped talking when Jaden & Ford came in the kitchen. I already had to deal with Michael trying to weasel his way back in my life and my son hating me; if Brynn were to find out her son spent the night at my house, that'd be another problem I didn't want.

Jaden looked at me and slowly walked toward me, then gave me a hug. "I'm sorry I ignored you, Mommy."

I smiled and sighed a sigh of relief. "It's okay, baby. I'm sorry I made you see your dad yesterday. You don't ever have to see him again if you don't want to."

He tilted his head so he could look at me. "I want to talk to him."

"Are you sure?" I asked, and he nodded slowly. "Okay. I'll call him."

He smiled and hugged me tighter, resting his head against my stomach. "Thank you, Mommy. I love you."

"I love you too."

I kissed his forehead, and he kissed my cheek before he ran off to the living room with Ford behind him.

"You feel better now?" Blake asked, putting an arm around me.

"No."

He sighed. "What's wrong now?"

I looked at him and pouted playfully. "I have to talk to Michael again."

He laughed, shook his head, and pecked my lips. "You are so dramatic."

He left the kitchen, and I sat on one of the bar stools to call Michael.

"Hey."

I moved the phone away from my ear so he wouldn't hear my dramatic sigh.

"I talked to Jaden and he, surprisingly, wants to talk to you again."

"Cool! I'll come over now."

He hung up, and I laid my head down on the counter.

--+--

Jaden told me he wanted to talk to Michael by himself and even though I was against it, I let it happen.

The two of them talked in the living room while Blake, Ford & I were in the dining room. I had no idea what was going on or what was being said, and it was driving me insane.

"Baby, you really need to calm down," Blake said as he watched me pace back & forth. "They're just talking."

"I can't calm down," I whined, walking toward him. "I wanna know what's going on."

"You know Jaden's probably gonna tell you everything, so just relax." He sat me on his lap and tried to feed me a forkful of eggs, and I looked at him like he was crazy. "I'm about to feed you like a baby since you wanna act like one."

I laughed and lightly elbowed him in the stomach. "Shut up."

Jaden walked in the dining room, and he looked like himself. He seemed like he was in a good mood, so I guess Michael didn't upset him again.