9. put her on the spot

Dedicating this chapter to Indiii_bindiii because you inspired part of this chapter, and I made you a character in the story. Hope you don't mind.
_________________________________________________________

two months later..

Alexandra's POV:

These last two months have been pretty nice. Dahntay Jones & Doc's son, Austin, just joined the team, and they're pretty cool. Dahntay gets hype over literally everything, so he's my new favorite.

DJ, Matt & I have gotten close, along with Glen & Ekpe. But I bet you're wondering what's going on with Blake & I. Well, he went back to his satanic, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde ways. He snapped at me a couple times for no reason, so I told him it would be best for us to have a strictly professional relationship.

I was sitting on the bench and watching the guys practice, like I do when I'm bored, when I felt someone staring at me. I looked to my right, and there was this light skin girl with curly brown hair staring at me. I didn't get a good look at her face because I didn't wanna be a rude hoe and stare her down.

After Doc dismissed practice, DJ came up to me like he always does, while Blake just glanced at me.

"DJ, who is that girl over there?" I asked.

"That's Doc's daughter, Callie."

I've heard things about her, but this is my first time seeing her, so there should be no problem.

"Well, why is she lookin' over here like she got a problem?" I asked.

We both looked in her direction and she smiled at DJ, but she gave me the dirtiest look I've ever seen, then rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure you don't know her?" he asked.

"No. I just found out who the bitch was two minutes ago. Doc better get his daughter before I go over there and dead her ass."

I didn't realize how geechee that sounded until DJ started laughing at me.

"That's the coach's daughter; you can't do that," he laughed.

"That don't mean anything to me. These hands know no limit, DJ."

He laughed and shook his head, then put his arm around me.

"You need to calm your lil ass down," he laughed, "don't worry about her. Anyway, what are you doing when you leave here?"

"Going shopping with India."

Something about him seemed to change when I mentioned her name. He smiled and tried to play it off, but I saw it.

"I think I left my shorts in her car," he said, "could you get those for me?"

"First of all, we're all coming to your house later. Second, what are your shorts doing in her car? What chy'all got goin' on?"

He smirked and tried to hide that too, like I didn't just see it.

"Don't worry about that," he continued to smirk, "I'll see y'all later."

I smiled and waved before leaving to meet India.

-+-

"I saw your friend today," I said to India, who was in the dressing room trying on a dress.

India was this girl I met through DJ. She didn't like me at first, but we're cool now.

"Who?"

"Callie Rivers."

"Please don't make me come out there and beat your ass, Alex."

I laughed and she stepped out of the dressing room with the dress in her hand.

"Why don't you like her?" I asked as we walked to the register.

She looked at me like the answer was obvious, but I just raised my eyebrows because I really didn't know.

She took the bag from the cashier and we walked out of the store with our arms linked.

"She's like a fucking parasite that won't go away. She thinks just because she's Doc's daughter she's entitled to hang out with certain people, but it doesn't work like that. Everything she does gets on my got damn nerves, and I just wish Doc would leave LA and take her crocodile lookin' ass with him," she finished.

"Dang," I snickered, "I ain't know it was like that."

"Did she say something to you?"

"Nah. She just kept giving me dirty looks, but I don't know why. I've never met her before."

"She's mad because DJ & Blake let you in their circle even though they've only known you for a short amount of time."

I nodded as we walked out of the mall. It all makes sense now.

"Speaking of Blake," India stopped to smirk, "when was the last time you talked to him?"

"The day I told him we should keep our relationship professional."

"Y'all are so difficult," she chuckled, "why can't y'all just get along?"

We put our bags in the trunk, then got in the car before I answered her. Why does everyone want us to be friends so bad?

"He's so weird, India. One day, he's all like 'oh my God. Let's be friends,' but then the next day he's like 'nah, fuck that. I hate you.' That's too much for me, so I'd rather not deal with it."

"He's really not that bad, Alex. I think there's just a lot of sexual tension between y'all. He just needs to put it on you one time, and y'all will be fine."

She wiggled her eyebrows and nudged my side, making me laugh.

"Well that's never gonna happen, so let's get that thought out of your head," I said.

We left the mall, then went to pick up Jaden before we went to DJ's house.

-+-

We were all chillin' in DJ's den while Jaden played with DJ's dog, Bruce. Today was one of those days where Blake was being Dr. Jekyll. He was nice, he was friendly, and he was smiling. He would sit next to me, put his arm around me and whisper weird things to me like we were friends. I was just trying to be nice because I didn't wanna act like a bitch in front of Jaden, but I was real skeptical about Blake's behavior. It made me wonder when Mr. Hyde would come out.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I looked down at Jaden, who hasn't been acting like himself since I picked him up from school. He wasn't very talkative like he always is, and it bothered me.

"Jaden, do you wanna go outside for a minute?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me, walked toward the door and I followed him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Why don't I have a daddy?" he asked, looking up at me with his big brown eyes.

That question alone made my heart pound and my palms sweaty. I knew one day he'd ask, but I was just hoping he'd be a little older when he did. How do I tell him that his dad is a grimy asshole that wanted nothing to do with us?

"Your daddy isn't a nice man, so he doesn't come around."

"Is it because I was bad?" he asked with tears in his eyes.

Oh my God. This kid is breaking my heart right now.

"Baby, no! I don't want you to think like that, okay?" I said, sitting him in my lap, "you're a good boy; your dad is just a mean person."

"When will I get a new daddy?"

My eyes widened and my mouth got really dry. Way to put me on the spot like that, Jaden.

"I uh, I don't know, but I'll work on it."

He smiled for the first time, showing off his little dimples, then kissed my cheek. "I love you, Mommy."

"I love you too, baby boy."

He jumped off my lap and we went back inside, where I just thought about all of Jaden's questions.