70 • alternate ending

SURPRISE!
y'all, there was no way i could let this story end like that. 😭 so i wrote a different ending. i'm sorry it's so long, but i hope y'all like it. 💖

_______________

august 12, 2017

Alexandra's POV:

I was in the middle of a phone call with my mom when I heard crying upstairs. I was gonna hang up to go see what was wrong, but Jaden told me he would handle it. A few minutes later, he & Ford walked in the kitchen; and I smiled seeing Jaden carrying Joi.

Jaden & Ford loved their little sister so much, and they were such amazing big brothers to her

Jaden & Ford loved their little sister so much, and they were such amazing big brothers to her. It always warmed my heart seeing them with her.

"Ma, lemme call you back," I said into the phone.

"Alright. Kiss my grandbabies for me."

We said our goodbyes, and I set my phone down beside my notebook after hanging up. Jaden sat Joi in her high chair then sat next to her.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, knowing she couldn't answer me.

"I think she just wanted attention," Jaden said. "She stopped crying when I went in her room."

I smiled at my baby girl, who was chewing on the Cheerios Jaden set in front of her. For a ten-month-old, she was dramatic as hell—and I knew she got that from me. However, the majority of her personality was all Blake.

"Did you miss Mommy?" I asked her. She giggled, showing off her little teeth. "I missed you too."

"Alex, where's Daddy?" Ford asked.

As if he knew someone mentioned him, Blake walked in the house. "What's up? You guys miss me today?" Ford & Jaden nodded before running to hug him, and he grinned—liking the fact that he was missed. He then kissed Joi's forehead, which she thought was so funny. "How you doin', princess? Did you have a good day?"

Joi began to babble to Blake, and he acted as if he knew what she was talking about.

"That's so cool, baby girl. Sounds like you had a fun day," he said to her. He then looked up at me and circled around me while looking me up & down. "Mm, mm, mm. Damn, girl. You look beautiful, today," he said in a playful tone. "I mean, you look beautiful everyday, but you're glowin' today. Got damn!"

"Stop," I laughed as heat crept to my cheeks..

He threw his arm around me, and the kids just looked at us with smiles on their faces. "What? I can't give my beautiful queen a compliment?"

Without warning, he pulled me into him and kissed me—sliding his tongue in my mouth. He gripped my waist, pushing his body into mine, and I nearly lost myself for a second. I had to break away from the kiss when I heard the boys giggling because if I hadn't, they would've been getting another sibling.