23 • cockblocking & jaden's idea

Blake's POV:

Today we're having a small get together at Alex's house. We're supposed to be going to the store to get some drinks, but it's taking her forever to come downstairs.

"Alex, what is taking you so long?" I shouted.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch," she said, jogging downstairs, "I'm ready."

She walked past me to get her keys, and I studied her outfit, which was leggings and a tank top. Usually I don't mind when she wears leggings but since we're going out in public, I mind.

"That's what you're wearing to the store?" I asked.

"Don't worry; I have a jacket."

She went to the closet, got her jacket and put it on.

"That's not what I meant," I said hesitantly, "you don't wanna put on some jeans or sweatpants?"

"Why?"

"Because I don't want guys staring at your ass."

She laughed as she put her hat on, "no one's gonna be looking at me. Now come on."

We let DJ & Jaden know we were going, then we left. Of course as soon as we got in the store, people started staring at Alex, like I knew they would.

"Blake, why are you walking so close to me?" she asked, pushing the cart down the aisle.

"So people will stop ogling you," I answered honestly.

She rolled her eyes and bent over to get some sodas. I noticed there was a guy staring at her and biting his lip, and it made me sick.

We walked further down the aisle, and he continued to look at her. When we walked past him, he finally decided to speak up.

"Excuse me," he said, getting her attention, "you are very beautiful."

She smiled at him, and I rolled my eyes. This is so disgusting.

"Thank you."

"If you don't mind me asking, can I ─"

"Can you not see that we're together?" I said, getting frustrated.

His smile faded, and Alex just glared at me. I don't know why I keep doing this but now, it's almost like a habit.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know she was your ─"

"Well, she is."

He nodded, and Alex gave him a sympathetic smile before he walked away. Once he was gone, she turned to look at me, and she looked hurt.

"I really wish you would stop doing that," she said quietly.

"Doing what?" I asked, pretending to be clueless.

"You only say I'm your girlfriend when another guy shows interest in me, and it's annoying."

She looked like she was about to cry, and I really hope she doesn't. I've never seen her cry, and I don't wanna be the reason she does.

"I just don't like when guys flirt with you and vice versa."

"It's not like I'm doing anything wrong. And if you hate it so much, why don't you do something about it."

She mumbled the last part, but I still heard what she said.

"Alex, you know ─"

She sighed, "I know, I know. You're 'not in to relationships,'" she mocked me.

We finished picking out what we needed without saying anything to each other, paid for everything, then went back to her house.

•~•~•

DeAndre's POV:

While Blake & Alex were out, I stayed at the house with Jaden. We went to the backyard to play basketball, but he looked like he was thinking about something really hard.

"What are you thinkin' about, lil man?" I asked, tossing him the ball.

"My mommy," he said simply, "can I ask a question Mr. DeAndre?"

I laughed a little hearing him call me that. "Sure you can," I answered, "and you can call me Uncle DJ."

"Okay, Uncle DJ," he giggled, "does Blake like my mommy?"

He dropped the ball, letting it bounce away, then sat down in a nearby chair. I sat next to him, and he looked up at me, waiting for me to answer him.

"I'm pretty sure he does. Why do you ask?"

"Because I want a daddy."

My eyes widened, and I cleared my throat, not knowing what to say. I mean, what could I possibly say to that?

"And you want Blake to be your dad?" I asked.

He nodded. "He likes my mommy, and he's nice to me."

I really felt bad for the kid because he wants a dad, and he does need a father figure in his life.

"You know, in order for Blake to be your dad, he & your mom have to get married."

"I know."

"Do you have a plan?"

He smiled and nodded. He started telling me about something he saw on TV, and that's where his little idea came from. We scrambled around the house trying to find things we needed to execute his plan. I watched him set the table, and I actually admired how determined he was.

"Do you think your plan will work?" I asked, looking around for a lighter.

He shrugged as he walked back into the kitchen. "I hope so."

He walked back into the dining room, and I followed him after I found a lighter. We finished setting the dining room up and once everything was in place, we waited forBlake & Alex to come back.

_________________________

what do y'all think of Blake's messy behavior? what about Jaden's plan?