28 • the hunnicuts

Alexandra's POV:
Blake told me he would text me when Brynn left his house so after he took me home, I picked Jaden up, and we went to the house to put his stuff away.

"Did you have fun?" I asked him as he sat on his bed, watching me unpack his bag.

"Yes," he said politely, "did you have fun?"

I turned around to look at him, and he was just smiling.

"Yes," I chuckled.

I put his bag in his closet, and I heard my phone vibrate on his dresser. I picked it up and Blake texted, saying the wicked witch was gone.

"Blake wants us to come to his house," I said, sitting next to Jaden, "but we don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, Mommy, we can go." He quickly got up to put his shoes on, then we headed to Blake's house.

"Hi, Blake!" Jaden said as Blake let us in.

"What's up, man!" He gave Jaden a high-give and shut the door.

We all walked into the living room, and Ford was just sitting on the couch, minding his business.

"Rah Rah!"

He got off the couch as fast as he could and ran toward me. I picked him up and kissed his cheek, making him giggle. He looked down at Jaden and waved, and Jaden waved back. I would've introduced them but before I could, Ford got down, grabbed Jaden's hand and led him to his toys.

"They're already getting along," Blake said, putting an arm around me.

I tried not to laugh at him because he sounded like such a dad.

"So did you have plans for us, or are we just gonna bum around your house?"

He grabbed my hand, led me to the couch and lied down, pulling me on top of him. "I didn't really have a plan. I just wasn't ready to part ways with you for the day."

I chuckled a little and played with the fabric of his shirt. "Why do you like hanging out with me so much? I figured with our situation, you wouldn't wanna hang out like that."

He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled me a little closer to his body. I love when he does that.

"I don't know. I just like being around you."

I smiled, happy that he couldn't see my face. No one has ever told me they like being around me.

After a few minutes, a comfortable silence fell over us, but Blake would not stop moving around.

"Am I too heavy?" I asked.

"No. I was just trying to take a picture of something."

I nodded as I watched Ford attempt to talk to Jaden. They are so cute.

"Hey, I know this is random, but why is your Instagram private?" Blake asked, looking at his phone.

"So I can deny certain people that wanna follow me."

I unintentionally put emphasis on "certain," and I knew he would say something about it.

"Certain people like?"

"Callie, because she has tried, and Michael & his family..."

"Wait...does his family know about Jaden?" Blake asked quietly.

"No. Michael never told them, and I was too afraid to."

Blake sat up so I was sitting on his lap, and I did everything in my power to avoid eye contact with him.

"How do they not know?!"

"I hid my pregnancy well and after Michael basically dumped me, I cut off all communication with them - even though I didn't want to."

"So...what do they think happened between you two?" he asked curiously.

I sighed, "they just know he cheated and got the other girl pregnant."

Blake nodded, but I could tell he had so many questions.

"You look confused," I said, playing with his growing beard.

"I have a question, but I don't wanna be nosy or annoy you."

"It's okay," I reassured him, "I'm sure it's nothing I haven't heard before."

He asked me a few questions, one being how I met Michael. I explained to him that we grew up together, and his family was pissed when they found out he cheated, which answered another one of his questions.

"Wow," he breathed out after I told him everything, "do you ever plan on telling them?"

"I probably should. It wouldn't be fair to keep Jaden away from them. I just don't want them to hate me."

Blake kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me, and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I don't think they'll hate you," he said, running his hand up & down my back, "they might not understand at first, but they won't hate you."

I really hope Blake is right because even though Michael is an asshole, I want Jaden to meet his family.

•~•~•

Meanwhile in South Carolina..

Laying on the couch in his parents' living room, Owen Hunnicut scrolled endlessly through his Instagram feed as he waited for his siblings, Evonne, Bryan & Michael, to show up.

He tapped the "Explore" tab of the app and did something he hadn't done in a year. He typed Alexandra's name in the search bar, and he was genuinely shocked to see her page was no longer private - all thanks to her new "friend," Blake.

He scrolled through her pictures to see how his old friend was doing, when he came across a picture of Alexandra & a little boy - Jaden. He read the caption and quickly furrowed his eyebrows when he saw #mamasboy.

"AJ has a son?!" he thought out loud.

He looked closer at the boy, then looked at the picture of Michael on the mantle. He looked at the two pictures for a while before it finally clicked.

"Holy shit!"

Owen was so busy with his "detective" work, he didn't even realize that his brother & sister, Bryan & Evonne, were in the living room with him.

"Why the hell are you in here yelling at yourself?" Evonne asked, taking a seat on the couch.

"I found AJ!" he said excitedly, tossing his phone at his confused sister.

Evonne stared at the picture for a while until her eyes nearly popped out of her head.

"She has a son?!" Evonne & Bryan shouted simultaneously.

"Yes! And who does her son look like?" Owen asked them.

The siblings looked back at the picture of Alexandra & Jaden, and tears sprang to Evonne's eyes.

"Oh my God," she whispered, putting a hand to her mouth, "this is probably why she stopped talking to us." She gave Owen his phone, then looked at her younger brothers, "you think Michael knows?"

"Yeah," Bryan answered, "Alex may not have told us, but I know she told Michael."

Owen & Evonne nodded, agreeing with their brother's statement as the room got quiet. They all had a ton of questions floating through their heads, but only one seemed the most important: why didn't Alexandra or Michael tell them she was pregnant?