Targeted

Warnings: Blood, injury, murder/attempted murder, panic

Relationship: Grian/Ren, Grian/Pearl/Xisuma/Male OC that's not a large part of this (Watcher Siblings)

~***~

Grian and Ren were asleep chest to chest when Grian's phone rang. He sat up and looked at the bright screen that was currently blinding him.

Pearl Moon

He was so confused on why she was calling because she never calls at three in the morning. But something in my heart told me to answer it.

"Hello?"

"GRIAN! WE WE NEED HELP! XISUMA AND I WERE IN AN ACCIDENT, IT WAS FROM A FIRE TRUCK. THEY FLEW XISUMA TO THE HOSPITAL! THEY DIDN'T TELL ME WHY~"

"Pearl, stop crying, stop panicking. I can't understand what you're saying. But I got the gist of it, I don't need you to tell me the rest I need to know where you are."

"They're taking me to county general. Please-"

"Stop, I'm on my way. Just calm down and follow the team's instruction. Okay?"

He heard her take a breath, "Okay."

Grian got Ren up then dressed in his normal firefighter uniform with his badge and drove twenty over the named speed limit, running all the red lights. He quickly got pulled over.

"SHIT. NO, come on!"

When the officer walked up to his window, he asked, "Do you know how fast you were going? You ran through all the red lights."

"I know! I know! I'm sorry. My brother and Sister were in an accident. Xisuma Void and Pearl Moon, they got hit by a fire rig and I need to find them."

"Your brother is Xisuma Void?" He looked at Grian's badge, "You're Captain Void of the 145, that's the rig that hit your brother's car."

"WHAT?! Look, you need to let me go."

"Yeah, go. I'll put away the ticket. Best of luck, Captain."

Grian immediately sped off, hearing the distorted radio chatter and ignored it. He immediately parked and ran inside the hospital. Multiple people tried stopping him but they all saw Grian's badge and let him run.

"Pearl!"

"Grian!"

As Grian ran up to her, he looked her over and hugged her, "Are you okay? What-"

"Xisuma didn't see the rig coming... He was hit right on. I don't know if he's going to make it-"

"Pearl, listen to me." Grian said in a strict tone, putting his right hand on Pearls' cheek, the other on her shoulder, "X is a fighter, he'll be okay."

"Captain?"

Grian turned towards the call seeing a doctor and a few nurses behind him with sorrow looks, "No..."

"We're sorry."

Pearl started bawling at the words. Grian hugged her, holding her close. He saw a cop walk up and Grian looked at him, "I want the firefighter's badge number on who was driving that rig, because they're fired. They get no immunity and no deal. Arrest him for murder."

"Captain Void, we-"

"I don't care right now. How the hell am I supposed to explain this to my brother? No, how am I supposed to tell my mother that her eldest son is dead from my team's rig?!"

"Grian, maybe you should... Sit down and calm yourself." Ren urged, "You're a little... Edgy."

"I want that fighter arrested, Ren. I don't care how."

"I understand that-"

"No, you clearly don't. You've not had your only friend for years just die. I'm second oldest, you need to be careful on what you say. I love you, but I want that member arrested."

The next morning, Grian walked into the firehouse, "WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!"

"What're you talking about, Cap?" One of the crew asked, "Also do you know where our rig is?"

"In the shop because some dumbass took it out for a joy ride at two AM!" Grian shouted, "Whoever it was killed my brother and almost killed my sister! Who. Was. It?"

"Cap, we don't know what you're talking about. We really don't."

"So what're you saying? The rig just got a mind of its own and targeted my brother and sister out of nowhere?!"

The crew was silent.

"I swear to God. Just tell me the truth!"

"None of us were here, Captain. We were all home."

"Great." Grian groaned, "We have a psycho murderer on the loose again. FANTASTIC. Everyone put your vests on. We'll deal with this later."