Flickering

Warnings: Blood, Injury, Lock down, Attempted Murder, Hospitals, Sam

Relationship: Grian/Etho

AU: FD/PD

Grian - Firefighter Captain
Xisuma - Police Captain (Not mentioned)

I wrote this in my discord and wanted to post it here.

on another note my cat stole my sock

~***~

Grian was working on paperwork when he heard certain words amongst the police radio chatter on the scanner. The words, Gladiator, Rabbit, and his last known location caught his immediate attention. Grian shot up and grabbed the radio to the intercom, "ACTIVATE LOCK DOWN SEQUENCE TWENTY-THREE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ARMED SUSPECT IS CLOSE!"

He ran out of his office and down the stairs as their alarms rang. He called into dispatch and told them they were on lock down. Grian blocked their garage doors and side doors.

"Everyone to the balcony." Grian demanded, watching as Scar and his EMT's grabbed first aid skits and bags.

He heard his team murmuring upstairs and he walked up after the EMTs.

"Guys just... We'll be fine. I can't call into dispatch because he's probably listening in." Grian put on a brave face for his team, but deep inside, he was scared to all hell. He didnt want Sam to get to him. Soon enough, they heard knocking, almost banging, on the door downstairs. Grian shushed his team and walked down quietly. Once to the door he waited.

He swallowed the lump in hid throat and saw an ID slide under the door. After picking it up, he realized it was Xisuma's and his badge number. After holding it to the light, he sighed and let the cop in.

"Get in and get upstairs." Grian said, locking the door again, "Keep my people safe."

"I know you're freaked out, Gri. And I know you don't want Etho to worry, but-"

"Please tell me you didn't tell Etho." Grian asked grabbing his brother's wrist, "The last thing I want is for him to come here and be in danger."

"He's in witness protection. I had to tell him."

"So Etho's okay? He's safe?"

"He is."

Grian sighed and allowed the older to walk up the stairs to the rest of his team. From there, Xisuma assured the team that there was every available unit searching for Sam. Grian sat against the wall.

~☆☆☆~

The lock down went on for hours, the team decided to play cards. Grian noticed his phone ringing and looked at the contact.

Etho

"X... Etho's calling."

"Answer it. He may just be checking in."

Grian answered and put it on speaker, but before he could speak, the voice on the other line spoke, "I can hear you breathing... Gree-on." Grian's breathing started getting faster, his heartrate rose twenty clicks, "Can you feel my stare... Gree-on? Can you feel the burning against your skull?"