Black Roses

Warnings: Permanent Character Death, blood and mentions of blood, fainting, hospitals, swearing, Sam, Predatory actions, murder and attempted murder, briefly mentions R*PE, violence, restraints, aaaand depression.

Relationship: GriTho

AU: AOB

A/N: I'M BACK BITCHES! Betcha thought I went MIA, kinda did not gonna lie. I been doing a lot of things lol. Here's my comeback story that I came up with at 4:30AM because I couldn't sleep! I woke up and chose violence.

Enjoy. >:-)

~***~

Grian and Xisuma were walking into the precinct when two of Xisuma's coworkers brought Sam into Grian's sight.

"YOU BASTARD!" Grian backhanded Sam hard, "YOU KILLED HIM, YOU KILLED ETHO."

Xisuma had to hold Grian back while he was flailing and trying to attack Sam while shouting at him.

"Feisty!" Sam smirked, "I like that in an omega."

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU-" Grian shouted, over and over again, but Xisuma held him back as best he could. Grian kicked and punched Xisuma as hard as he could, just trying to get to Sam.

"GET SAM OUT OF HERE." Xisuma shouted, "IT'S NOT SAFE FOR EITHER OF THEM."

Sam blew a kiss at Grian who tried to get out of Xisuma's arms once again. The officers forced Sam away while Xisuma dragged Grian.

"What the hell was that!?" Xisuma asked after bringing Grian to a separate room where they could talk.

"I want him dead." Grian mumbled, "I don't wanna see his face, I just want Etho back but Etho's never coming back."

"Assaulting Sam isn't going to get justice for him-"

"I don't care! He deserves more than a slap to the face!"

"I need you to calm down before we bring our counselor in to talk. Okay? Don't hit him."

~One Week Earlier~

Xisuma was called to Grian and Etho's little home in the suburbs where they were both taking vacation. When he caught glimpse of Grian he immediately knew he was crying.

"Grian!"

Grian stopped talking to the officer and ran to Xisuma.

After Grian forced himself into a hug, Xisuma noticed Sam bring put into a squad car, "Grian what's going on?"

"Sam shot Etho, Etho shot Sam. Etho's on his way to hospital and they wouldn't let me ride with them. Etho was hit in the chest I need to know if he's okay. I-I-I just need to-"

"You need to give them your statement. We'll check on Etho when we get there."

"Okay..."

Within hours, Grian and Xisuma walked into a room where they were told Etho was gonna be at, but all they saw was an empty room.

"I- Where's Etho..?" Grian asked softly, he looked at Xiusma with worry, "Dad...?"

"I don't know."

"Voids?"

The two turned around and saw a team of nurses.

Grian's eyes went wide and his heart shattered, "No... No, no!"

Xisuma held Grian close as he bawled into his arms. Xisuma held up five fingers to ask the nurses to give them a few minutes. But in those few minutes Grian had passed out from the dehydration from crying. The nurses put him on an IV and oxygen.

"Is Grian going to be okay?"

"Only time will tell." The nurse said softly as she watched Xisuma stroke his son's hair, "His alpha had a note in his pocket that said, 'protect him', it's almost like he knew something would happen."

"Etho was always protective over Grian. Ever since they were kids they've had this bond. It was unbreakable." He took a pause, "He's not reacting well is he? Their bond was harder than obsidian."

"He's going to take a while to recover."

"I'll stay with him every step of the way. Do you have anything of Etho's?"

"The only thing we could give him in this diamond bracelet that was on Etho's wrist."

He took the bracelet and put it against Grian's wrist.

"We'll talk to the cops when he wakes up."

~***~

"When Etho and I walked in the door, the only thing I could hear was a shout and a grunt." Grian started, "I tried helping but I got knocked into the wall, I heard three gunshots."

The counselor for Xisuma's precinct looked confused, he looked towards the window and back at Grian once more.

"Uh, one bullet went into Sam's shoulder, the other into Etho's heart, the last in the wall." Grian clutched the bracelet on his wrist, "I could still feel when Etho's heart slowed it's rhythm. The next thing I knew, Sam was dragging me by my hair and-" He paused, feeling the sensation of being overwhelmed roll through his body.

"Take your time." The counselor said softly, "Do you want some water, Grian?"

Grian nodded, the counselor excused himself and went outside. Xisuma had his arms crossed with a worried expression, "So? What's your thoughts?"

"Well obviously, he's violent, there's no way he's going back to work." He started, "Sam is definitely the trigger that causes those outbursts."

"We all knew that, so give me something new."

"Okay, as he was diagnosed with depression before, it's definitely more prominent now and he probably won't be able to testify because of it."

"He's the only one who witnessed Etho's murder!"

"He can't even talk to me without breaking down eventually, what makes you think he'll spill this confession to a jury!? Besides, at the rate his mental health is going, he'll be landing himself in hospice for a broken heart."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you could lose your son if actions aren't taken soon. Phoenix mates are life, there is no other."

The counselor left, Xisuma stared at Grian from the window, worried for his health and safety.

Xisuma sighed before opening the door, "Grian let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"Home. I need you to be around people that love you right now."

That night, Grian couldn't sleep. No matter how hard he tried, his brain wouldn't let him. He just laid in the bed, staring at the ceiling. His heart hurting with every beat. When he couldn't take the pain in his chest, he walked himself to Xisuma's room.

"Suma... I don't feel well."

The second Xisuma sat up in bed, Grian collapsed on the floor. He wasted no time, rushing Grian to the hospital.

Grian spent the next four months in and out of comas, because of this, Sam was never convicted.

He proceeded to kill Grian in his sleep after release.