At Dawn

Warnings: Mild Swearing, False accusations, Grian gets arrested

Relationship: Gritho

~***~

Grian and Etho were talking in their living room when police suddenly broke down their door.

"What the heck are you guys doing?!" Etho shouted, the police pushed him aside and went straight to Grian.

"Grian Void. You're under arrest." The lead said, "Turn around and put your hands behind your back."

"What?!" Etho interrupted as they were very violently cuffing Grian, "What did he do?!"

"Etho, just call our lawyers." Grian said with a pained groan, "I'm not talking to them without a lawyer."

~!!!~

As Grian sat in the interrogation room, he stayed quiet as he glared at his reflection in the one way mirror, knowing the cops were behind it talking about him.

When his lawyer walked in he looked upset. They talked about the case and deals he could make.

"I'm not taking a deal!" Grian argued, "I didn't do anything!"

"Look Grian. You're being accused of aggravated assault, attempted murder, aggravated robbery, and attempted kidnapping. You'll get life in prison."

"It's your job to prove me innocent! Pull the footage from my home, pull the footage from the station, look at the damn traffic cameras! I literally went home after work the day these accusations were going on."

Three Days Later....

Grian sat in the courtroom while he listened to people tell him he was guilty. He leaned over to his lawyer and whispered in his ear.

"Does the accused have something to say?" The judge asked, Grian's lawyer stood up, "Well?"

"My client has volunteered to take a polygraph test to prove his innocence."

Reluctantly, the judge agreed to the polygraph and allowed Grian to go while the jury went around and discussed the case.

~***~

"What's your name?"

"Grian Charlston Void."

"Age."

"Twenty-Five."

"Where were you in the afternoon to night of December Eighth."

"I was on a call with my team, 118, we were headed to a five car pile up where two civilians were DOA, two injured, and one unharmed. Following the call I remained in my office until I finished paperwork, then I went home to my husband. In the following morning, I cooked us a big breakfast then we went shopping. At about noon, we watched a movie in the dark where while reaching for something I cut my hand with the knife we keep on the side table."

"And where were you this afternoon?"

"If you don't recall, I was arrested at ten AM this morning, under false pretenses."

They soon dismissed Grian after a few more questions. He then proceeded to spend the night in a cell while the jury talked. It was about fifteen hours before the jurors came back.

"How does the jury find the defendant?"

"We find the defendant...."