In The Deep Dark

Warnings: Mentions of blood, implied torture, swearing (I think), and chains and hospitals

FD/PD + AOB AU

Relationship: Gritho

A/N: Please feel free to request one shots with a relatio ship that's not Gritho. I'm getting bored of just writing Gritho lol.

Also hi, I'm still alive and we've just hit 100 followers. :D

~☆☆☆~

Xisuma is currently out on patrol when he sees a trail that lead into a forest. One that he's never seen before. He had the thought that he'd walk down and check to see what laid at the end of the dark trail.

And as the leaves and twigs crunched under his boots while he walked, he began getting an uneasy feeling in his stomach. He looked around him to see if there was anything, or anyone, around him. There was nothing.

When he reached the end of the trail he was greeted with what looked like a storm shelter that had led deep under ground. He cautiously opened the hatch and could hear immediate cries for help and cries of pain. He called in for backup then walked down the shelter alone.

As Xisuma was walking slowly down the dark hall hearing the howling pains of the rare omegas and alphas, he walked past one cell and the omega inside grabbed his shirt to get his attention.

"You need to help the twins! They need help!"

Xisuma broke free of the omegas hold without a word and continued down the hall. He knew his backup was on the way, but this place creeped him out.

He walked past another cage and fell to the ground when something grabbed his ankle. When he shined his light inside he realized that it was Etho who had tripped him.

"Etho! You're alive!"

"Barely..." Etho then coughed harshly, "Grian, he needs help. He's at the end of the hall."

"What happened? I smell fresh blood."

"They used him as a forced surrogate for people who wanted low hybrid children. Just go and help him. Don't worry about me."

Xisuma then got up and continued down the hall, knowing that what he could see could make him sick.

As he slowly approached the final cage, the smell of fresh blood had gotten stronger. He shined his flashlight in the cage and saw Grian unconscious in a hospital gown laying in a puddle of his own blood. Xisuma quickly called in for back up and broke through the bars.

Grian was pale, almost as white as a ghost at this point. He had bags under his eyes, cuts and bruises all over his body, he barely looked like he was breathing.

Then Scar was the first one into his cell, "Get me a stretcher over here!" Scar shouted down the hall, he then kneeled next to Grian and pulled out smelling salts, breaking them by the man's nose, "Come on G... Respond."

A soft cough, followed by two more came from him. Scar then started to put a line of fluids into his hand and proceeded to rush him to the hospital.

~☆☆☆~

Grian was asleep in a medically induced coma because of how much blood he lost. It wasn't until about a month in when Grian was finally healthy enough to be woken up.

Grian looked to the side when he first opened his eyes and saw Etho. Ignoring all the faded scars on Grian's neck, Etho reached over carefully to hug him, the two both silently crying knowing that they were both safe once more. The two boys both had to retire early because they didn't want to be separated from each other, because they were afraid to be alone.

They had spent a year apart, forced to not be able to see each other, not even be able to talk to each other. Grian couldn't speak for another three months, but when he did find his voice again, he whispered into Etho's ear, I love you for the first time in a long time.