Blackout (2)

WARNINGS ADDED: Implied Torture and Netting

~☆☆☆~

"You have a very demanding husband, Mr. Lab." Sam taunts, "It'd be a shame to make your relationship come to..." He forced Etho to look at him, "An abrupt... End."

"Hurt Grian, and I'll hurt you." Etho threatens earning a hit to the head.

"You won't be saying that when you're wearing cement shoes in the deepest water mass in the city."

~♡♡♡~

"XISUMA!"

Xisuma spun around and shot in the dark, "GRIAN WHAT THE HELL!? I NEARLY SHOT YOU!"

"Sam has Etho!" He shouts running down the stairs, disregarding the fact that Xisuma's shot was two inches from his head, "Sam has Etho, we need to do something to save him!"

"Okay, don't panic-"

"SAM HAS ETHO. HE'S KNOWN TO KILL." Grian shouted grabbing Xisuma's shoulders, "DO NOT TELL ME NOT TO PANIC."

"Grian, panicking isn't going to get us anywhere! Get your head together and think."

"What can I possibly think about when Etho could be killed!? We were literally just married last week. We don't have time to just do recon!"

"GRIAN!" Xisuma slaps him across the face, "Calm the freak down. We'll find him. In the meantime grab something of his. Something small, like a scarf."

"He has a necklace that he wears on special occasions." Grian ran up to the master bedroom and grabbed the piece. After placing it around his neck, he ran back to Xisuma who put a tracking spell on it.

"Grian get in the air, with it being dark, we don't have much time." Xisuma said, Grian wiped the stress tears from his eyes and turned around.

"167, I need all hybrids on their feet and on duty. We need to start tracking Etho and Sam. I need units on each border of the city. No one gets in or out without proper credentials."

Grian walked outside, took a deep breath, then changed his form and flew through the sky. He was like a flying beacon as the sun fell behind the Earth.

~☆☆☆~

Etho couldn't fight for himself. Sam had beaten him with a crowbar for trying to signal for help. He now had one broken arm and a few broken ribs. Sam dragged him out to the pier after placing him in a heavy block of cement shoes.

"It's a shame, really." Sam chuckles, "You were a pretty one."

"Grian was right to dump you. You're a no good asshole who thinks that there's no consequences to his actions." Etho winced in pain, "Grian deserved better. And he got better."

"Sir, we got a bird."

Sam looked up and smiled, "Shoot it down! Let our little friend say hello."

The goon grabbed the weapon and shot it at the glowing beacon  flying overhead.

~♡♡♡~

Grian had been feeling the tracking get stronger towards the pier. As he was flying overhead, he saw suspicious people but then was immediately shot out of the sky. A loud screech rang through the city as Grian summoned for help

He landed hard as his body turned back human. He rubbed his arm and quickly noticed his side bleeding from the impact.

"Just in time to see your hubby sink to the bottom of the lake." Sam taunts pushing Etho closer to the edge, "Let's go."

Grian tried to get himself out of the netting he was snagged in. He couldn't get free until Xisuma's team came up behind him as Sam shoved Etho into the lake.

The moment Grian dive in after Etho, ignoring shouts of his team and brother. Grian changed his form once more and grabbed hold of Etho's shirt. Grian refused to let Etho go.

~☆☆☆~

"Okay... Gritho's dead." Doc mumbled earning a hit to the head from Xisuma, "They've been down there for too long!"

At that moment Grian flew out of the water with Etho in his talons. As he landed he changed human and passed out there on the pier.

Grian woke up in the hospital hours later, when he shot up his side immediately spiked in pain.

"Grian, take it easy." Xisuma said, lightly pushing Grian back to lay down, "Eas-"

"Etho. Where is Etho?" Grian immediately spat, "Is Etho okay?"

"Well.. He's alive. He suffered some internal bleeding from the beatings, he had inhaled some water, and he went through three surgeries. But he'll survive."

Grian was clear for release two days later. From there, he spent whatever time he could with Etho in his room while he laid unconscious. Grian held his partners hand as he stayed with him.

After working day, Grian's up top the balcony then speaks out.

"Okay, I gotta go see Etho at the hospital." Grian says then hears a shout from the ground floor. He ran to the balcony and saw Etho standing next to Xisuma, "ETHO!"

Grian grabs the firepole nearby and slides down. Then runs to Etho, spinning in his arms and hugging him tight.

"Hey Gr-" Grian interrupted his sentence by kissing him, "Miss me that much?"

"You've been unconscious for a week! You're also my husband and we only got married a couple weeks ago. So... Yeah."