In the Snow

Warnings: Hunters

Relationship: None

Extra Tags: Baby Grian

Rangers AU

~***~

A lady in a red cloak ran through the forest, the snow crunching beneath her feet. She held the swaddled baby tight against her chest. The baby started cooing, she ran behind the biggest tree she could find and hushed him, and lightly touched his curls.

"You'll have a better life soon, honey. I promise." She suddenly heard the shouts of the hunters and noticed the flames of their torches coming closer, "Just stay quiet."

She began running once again. She didn't stop until she found what looked like a mansion. The lady then put her baby in the crate with a bunch of tomatoes. The baby started to whine from being put against the soft fruits. She shushed him quickly, then was forced to leave him as the hunters got too close to finding her.

~***~

Grian was training when someone knocked on his bedroom door.

"Green." He stated, Xisuma walked in, "X?"

"We need to talk."

"About?"

"You."

"Why?" He asked with a chuckle, putting down his sword, "What's wrong?" Xisuma shut the door and locked it behind him, "Why are you locking the door?

"I don't want you to overreact." Xisuma said, "Grian, you're not my son."

"I know. You're a Void Creature, I'm a Phoenix. I grew up here so I don't understand why you think I'll kill you."

"Uh, okay then. I'll leave you be then."

"Just don't sleep tonight, you'll be fine."