Broken Bonds

Warnings: Arguing, threats, fighting

Relationship: Gritho

Extra Tags: Phoenix Grian and Etho

Rangers AU

~***~

Grian and his team were out fighting a certain Nylock. This particular monster could break the bonds of any couple.

They didn't realize that the monster broke the bond until two days later when Grian and Etho started fighting each other.

"Oh, look at me, I'm Etho, I'm the master of ice. Blah, blah, blah."

"Oh, look at me, I'm Grian. I'm the golden ranger, I can boss everyone around! You never shut up!"

"At least I know when to walk away!"

"Oh do you now? You spent two hours just hitting a dummy!"

"I was training! Oh, but you wouldn't know that because you don't train!" Grian and Etho both bared their teeth, their eyes turned to their colours.

"GUYS, STOP FIGHTING!" Xisuma shouted, "What is it with you two lately?!"

Grian looked at him and groaned, his eyes returned to their normal colours, then he started to walk away.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." He heard Etho state, "Be an obedient omega and walk away."

Grian stopped in his tracks and spin kicked Etho to the ground, "HOW'S THAT FOR AN 'OBEDIENT OMEGA'?!"

Etho shot up and tackled Grian to the ground. The incoherent yelling didn't clear up until Etho grabbed Grian's hair and exposed his neck. Xisuma could see the missing bond mark on the two. Etho was about to cut Grian's throat when the group interfered.

"Get out of my way, X." Etho growled, "It needs to die for disobedience."

Xisuma slapped Etho, "What the hell are you talking about?! What is wrong with you?!"

"It's disobedient-"

"HE, is human. You're both out of line!"

"At least I'm not defending a reject!"

Grian tried breaking through the team's hold, "YOU WANNA THROW HANDS WITH THIS REJECT?! YOU'RE GONNA LOSE!"

"Wanna bet you little rat?"

"Oh you're on now."

"GET GRIAN OUT OF HERE." Xisuma shouted, Ren and Scar dragged Grian out of the room. Xisuma and Etho argued for a while until Scar ran out of the hall.

"Grian's gone!"

"What do you mean he's gone?!" Xisuma shouted, "You were supposed to be watching him!"

"Xisuma. He disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Just get out there and find him! I'll take care of Etho."

Xisuma was reluctant, but he left to find Grian. Scar demanded Etho follow him, they went to a cave where there was purifying water inside.

"Why are we here Scar?" Etho complained, "What's the point of this?"

Scar sighed, "Your anger clouds your judgement, Etho. Look into the water and tell me what you see."

"Literally just my reflection, what's the poi-" Scar shoved Etho into the water. He pulled out the zords in his pocket, realized that the weapons were starting to lose their colour. He prayed that Xisuma and the other rangers find Grian soon. Etho then popped out of the water, "Scar, what the heck!?"

"Feel better?"

"What? I feel fine. Where's Grian?" Scar tossed Etho Grian's Phoenix zord, "What's wrong with it?"

"It's starting to unbond from Grian. If we don't find him, then they'll unbond and Grian will die."

Scar grabbed a canister and put some of the water inside. As he turned around, Etho grabbed the canister and ran out and after Grian.

~***~

Grian was standing on top of the cliff listening to the ocean hit the rocks below him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"Grian, there you are!"

Grian turned around, "What do you want?"

Etho walked up to him, "Grian, I'm sorry. But what happened wasn't our fault. The Nylock-"

"Broke our bonds. I know." Etho saw Grian's bond mark back on his neck when he looked to the sunset, "I came up here for clarity. I'm sorry I kicked you in the face."

"I'm sorry I called you a reject."

"I may be defective, but at least I'm good at it." Grian grabbed the canister from Etho's hands and spilled it over his face and hands, "At least things are back to normal. Call the others, it's time to go home."