In Flames

Warnings: Blood, injury, the normal Phanny warnings.. Fire, explosions

~***~

"PHOENIX TWINS DOWN. I REPEAT PHOENIX TWINS DOWN."

Grian barely heard the call being put out over the radio from the ringing in his ears, the sirens became dull the second he hit the pavement.

BANG

A second explosion wrecked through the area, Grian's vision clearing up in time to put a barrier of ice over him and his brother. Then the moment he deemed it was clear, he lifted himself to his feet then dragged Etho's body with him over to safety.

Xisuma was first to run to the boys who were getting looked at in the back of an ambulance, "Are you two okay?"

"We'll live." Grian stated holding his arm, "I can't fly, it's too dangerous. Etho's down down, he needs hospital. But no fire team can get close without something exploding."

"What about your ice?"

"Makes it worse." Grian then thought a moment, "Co2 tank? Maybe that could help?"

"It won't hurt to try."

"One issue." Scar chimed in, "How're you gonna get a tanker through a city with traffic blocked out for miles on end? We're still evacuating!"

"We can try a police escort?" Xisuma suggested, Grian nodded then got up and pinged the radio.

"Attention all police units, dispatch and fire EMS personnel, we need a Co2 tanker with police escort to the disaster downtown. Fire and EMS fall back and regroup."

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"It's the only plan we got Doc." Grian looked at Xisuma, "Go, I need you leading the pack." Xisuma then ran off and Grian shouted over the sirens and explosions, "I NEED A FIRE BREAK, LET'S MOVE PEOPLE!"

~8 Hours Earlier~

Grian sat in his office counting the amount of CO2 trucks that the departments had available.

Two. Not a good number, with how busy the city is, we should have at least five. This is frustrating. How-

"Heyyo!" He heard a voice call out, from curiosity of the call Grian looked up, "What's up G?"

"Looking through available Co2 trucks." Grian stated, closing his binder, "Other than that, not much, sup with you Etho?"

"Went on break, hearing a lot of threats of a suspected fire threat."

"Why do people make my job a living nightmare?"

"At least you aren't getting shot at."

"Dude, I walk through fire, I don't need to worry about bullets killing me."

"Ah, fair." Etho chuckled, "You only gotta worry about explosions, fallen pipes, etcetera."

"Thanks."

As the day went through, the sun setting behind the buildings, the day shift team was about to leave when the alarms went off.

"Attention all units, level five emergency in downtown."

~Hours later~

"Fire and Police personnel are working to evacuate the city. With obstacles in the road there has been many casualties. If you've not evacuated, you are advised to stay in your homes and stay in shelter."

"Phoenix twins down!"

"We can't get the Co2 trucks through the city! Traffic's backed out for miles!"

"Find away to get them here! We can't fight this with hoses!" Grian called through the channel, "My fire break idea isn't working well!"

"Building south, floor seven fire."

"This whole city is gonna burn to the ground if we don't do something!" Doc shouted, "Anyone have any other bright ideas?!"

Another explosion happened and flaming debris came out flying towards the group of captains, a quick barrier of ice covered them from being hit then Grian slammed into the ground nearby.

"He works fast." Doc muttered, Scar sent a glare over at him and went to check on Grian, "What!"

Grian was barely able to pull himself to his knees as Scar got beside him, "Something hit my back.." He groaned, near screaming when Scar put pressure on the middle of his spine.

"Doc, gimme a hand here. I need help moving him." The moment they went to move the boy, they heard planes up in the sky, "I thought all the planes were grounded-"

"SKIMMER PLANE'S EVERYONE TAKE COVER!"

"Get under the trucks!"

The moment people were under cover, they heard the planes drop the 1,600 gallons of water on top of them and the buildings that had been exploded or had caught on fire from the closer buildings.

After Grian was forced to lay on his back on a gurney, the group had to make sure that all the flames were out before they'd be able to move.

All injured survived, but had to go on leave to heal before returning to work.

(I got bored with an ending lol.)