Man In Leaves

Warnings: Really it's just a little creepy. That's all you need to know

Relationship: Grian/Xisuma (Fatherly), Grian/Sam ((Abusive Fatherly) Mentioned)

Grian deaged 6, Phoenix Watcher

~***~

Xisuma found Grian in a home for abandoned children. Grian was only able to grab the Void Walker's attention when he accidentally set something on fire.

"He causes so many problems here." The administrator states, "He's only six, came from an abusive father named Sam. I don't know what he did to this kid but he's a puzzle."

"Well, he's a Watcher hybrid." Xisuma said starting to chuckle, "I just don't think he knows how to control his powers properly. Seems like with a lot of joy, he sets fire to things. He'll control that later in time. It's something I can deal with. Let's get this paperwork over with."

After finishing the paperwork, he took Grian home with him and helped him control his powers.

After a couple months, Grian had learned to harness his powers the right way.

Xisuma watched from a distance while Grian played in the garden. Xisuma always kept an eye on him, but he noticed Grian suddenly start making movements that were confusing to him.

"Suma!"

Xisuma ran outside when the boy called him, "Grian, what's going on?"

Grian pointed out to the trees, "Man in leaves!"

"Man in leaves?" Xisuma repeated, then looked out to the trees seeing nothing but leaves, no human figures, "Grian? Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes papa!"

That night, Grian woke up and wandered into Xisuma's room where the TV was staticing.

"He's nice..." Grian said, seemingly speaking to the TV, "No. Evil."

A loud thunderclap woke Xisuma in fright and saw Grian sitting in front of the TV, "Grian?"

Grian turned around slowly and walked to him, "He's here."

"W-Who's here?"

"Man in leaves. He wishes to speak with you."

Xisuma got out of bed and kneeled to the boy's height, "Grian, listen to me. 'Man in leaves' doesn' exist. You're starting to scare me with this whole 'Man in leaves' thing. Please, nothing's here, I don't know why you're talking about this-"

He noticed Grian tilting his head and looking towards the door frame, "Man in leaves..."

Xisuma saw nothing, "Okay, that's it. I'm calling Scar."

Xisuma forced Grian to stay in his room while he called Scar, "No Scar, you don't understand. It's so creepy. He just keeps going on about this man in leaves thing and it's starting to scare me. I see nothing. But he sees something."

"Xisuma, it's probably nothing. You're probably just overreacting."

"You try having him go on about this man in leaves thing in your home. Scar I don't know what to do. It's really scaring me."

"Grian's probably just doing a Watcher thing. It's normal for them to do something weird every so often."

"Suma! Man in leaves is at the doorstep! He's calling for you!"

"Get. Here." Xisuma hissed through the phone then ran out the door to Grian's room and saw a man towering over Grian, "HEY!"

"Suma... Man in leaves."

"Grian, come here. Now." Grian went straight to him, "What are you doing here? And why are you freaking out my son?"

"Be warned Xisuma Void." The man hissed, "I will have that child. if it's the last thing I do."