Stalked

Warnings: Stalking, Violence, the other usual tags...

Relationship: Gritho

~***~

"Etho, I told you I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. Stop worrying."

"You're avoiding the home!" Etho exclaimed, "You never avoid home, not even your firehouse and that's a second home to you! You need to tell me whats going on and you need to tell me now."

"Nothing." Grian left the house and went to work.

His firehouse noticed his odd behaviors and Scar and Ren cornered him.

"What's going on?"

Grian repeated what he said to Etho, the two hermits got very frustrated.

Ren slammed Grian to the wall, "What. Is. Going. On?" He demanded, "Do not make me get the Marshall into this."

"You and what jurisdiction?!" Grian felt Ren's claws dig into his shoulder, "AH~"

"Tell me or your shoulder gets damaged."

"MY DOCTOR CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT I'M AT HIGH RISKS FOR HEART ATTACKS OKAY!?" Grian shouts, obviously lying, "Now let up!"

Ren released his hold and sighed. He left Grian and Scar alone. Scar lectured Grian on his safety. Grian insisted he was fine, scooting past Scar an going up to his office.

That night he was up late doing paperwork when his cell phone went off.

"G."

"Hello honey."

"Sam, I told you I'm not doing this again. I'm happy with Etho. Leave me alone."

"No, I don't think I will. You see, you're at my disposal whenever I like. And I could just... Yknow, press my little button that'll kill all your family at any point you decide you think you're too good for me."

"I told you to leave my family out of this. They've done nothing. I've done nothing!"

"Look out your window, Phoenix boy. I know you're in your office doing paperwork. Come downstairs."

"I don't wanna... I just know you'll hurt me again."

"That was always the plan, wasn't it? You play the victim in our relationship."

"WE don't have a relationship. Etho and I do! You're just a stalker who won't leave me alone!" Grian slammed his fist against his desk, flinging his pen across the room, hitting the window.

"There's that temper that always got you hurt. Now come to the window, and pick up the pen."

Grian picked up the pen. He heard Sam on the other line,

"Do you see me smiling at you? Soon you'll be smiling too."

Grian ran to the desk and turned off his phone. He took deep shaky breaths as he caught back to reality. Only reality didn't come to him. His entire world went black and all he heard was the maniacal laughter of Sam in the background.

When Grian got home, he wasn't expecting Etho to be waiting on the couch. He slammed the door shut and locked the three locks.

"Grian, what the hell are you doing?"

"Shh!" Grian grabbed Etho's arm and pulled him to the floor, "Has anyone from the house called you?"

"Yeah. Ren and Scar. I'm mad that you didn't tell me Grian."

"It's not that. Sam's been stalking me for a week and no one will check it out. I think he followed me home."

Banging suddenly was heard from the front door. Grian pushed against Etho's chest in fright.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE. OPEN THE DOOR."

Grian grabbed Etho's hand and they both snuck upstairs, continuing to hear the banging and shouting from Sam downstairs.

Etho called police right as they heard a window shatter. Etho shoved Grian into the closet then went in himself.

They heard the footsteps of the madman as he walked up the stairs. The couple held their breath, the line was silent. They saw Sam inside their bedroom, he began looking through all their drawers, under the bed, even in boxes they couldn't hide in. Then he looked at them. His red eyes stared into their souls.

Grian felt tears well up in his eyes as he realized he wasn't just eyeing into the closet, but eyeing Etho. They heard a gun cock, then a shot. Grian looked at Etho and he was unharmed. They looked through the cracks of the door and saw Sam on the ground and being restrained. Grian noticed an officer walk up to to closet and opened the door, he finally let out the breath he was holding when he found out it was Xisuma. X hugged his son, and son in law, just glad that they were both safe.

After a trip to the hospital, Grian and Etho slept at Xisuma's house to ensure their safety.