Love at the Heart

Warnings: Blood, Mentioned Attempted Rape, Assault, Injury, Attempted Kidnapping, Mild Swearing

Relationship: Grian/Impulse

~***~

Most of the Boatem Community were waiting in a hole with End Crystals beside them. Grian was the only one who wasn't there.

Scar was first to break the silence, "Grian's never this late to meetings."

Then Pearl, "I wonder where he is."

Lastly Mumbo, "For once I'm not the one late! Where is this kid?"

They heard water splash, then Grian walked through dragging his leg behind him and holding his right arm. His right eye was swollen shut, his clothes torn, cuts and bruises all over his neck and arms, his lip was busted as well.

"Grian!" The group shouts, "What happened to you?!"

Just as he was about to speak up, he fell to the ground, completely unconscious as the Boatem crew ran over to him.

"Impulse call Xisuma!" Scar shouted as he turned Grian onto his back, "Get his sweater off him."

As the rest of the crew got Grian's sweater off, they noticed severe bruising around his sides.

"Whoever attacked him, attacked him to kill." Impulse gasped, "We need to help him!"

"I'm going to do what I can."

As they were waiting for Xisuma, Impulse was sat in the far corner away because he didn't want to freak out over what Scar was doing to Grian. He bit his lip when he saw Grian start to flame his hands. He knew the pained look on Grian's face and the action all too well.

"He's losing control! Step away!"

The Boatem crew quickly went away when the flames on Grian's hands basically exploded in a purple flame. They heard something be thrown in the air and the flames immediately died down to nothing.

"Finish the job Scar." Xisuma said landing inside the hole, "Sorry it took me so long guys. I was looking for the power dampening bracelet. Also banning the idiot who attacked him."

"Who attacked him?"

"Who do you think Impulse? Sam, his crazed ex." Xisuma sighed, "He broke through my admin walls. He is one hell of a hacker."

Xisuma pulled out a healing potion and popped the cork. Pearl walked back over and lifted Grian's head so he wouldn't choke. The bruising had healed, Xisuma pulled out his screens and scanned Grian, "Internal bleeding has stopped. Move him to a bed, put his arm in a splint, ankle in a brace. Finish the stitches there."

Two Hours Later

Grian was leaned against the wall, still asleep. His head was turned towards Impulse. Grian fluttered his eyes open, though his right eye wasn't completely shut anymore, it was still almost completely lidded over.

"Impulse..." Grian's voice was barely audible, "Impulse!"

"Gri!" Impulse gasped, he gently smiled at him, "Are you okay? How do you feel?"

"Alive?"

"I'm glad you're okay." Impulse put his hand against Grian's cheek. Grian moved his head into the touch and grabbed Impulse's wrist, a pained expression on his face, "Gri?"

"I-I'm okay... Just... Happy you're here." Grian moved into a hug, "Please don't leave me alone..."

"Never. I will never leave you alone."

Four Days Later

Grian was sitting on the couch with his arms wrapped around himself. He stared at the ground in complete silence as he flashed back to the attack. He only snapped out of it when he felt an arm fall over his shoulder.

Impulse pulled the smaller man in closer to him. Grian let his head rest on Impulse's shoulder. Tears fell on top of the man's bare skin before Grian started to clutch onto Impulse's shirt. Impulse hugged the man taut.

They stayed there in silence until Grian fell asleep against Impulse's chest.