Chapter 52

I parked my car in the driveway and walked up to the door and knocked. The door unlocked and opened, to show Emma.

"Hello, I got you some flowers." I greeted, showing her the roses. She smiled before taking them.

"Thank you."

She went back into the house and put them inside, before coming back out. We walked to my car, and I drove us to the restaurant. Once we arrived, I helped her out of the car like a gentleman. We walked into the restaurant hand in hand.

We sat down at our table, which was sort of off to the side and private. I fiddled with the rings in my pocket, but she didn't notice. It wasn't like a proposal per say, but it was a commitment. We are promising ourselves to each other, so it's a big deal.

We ordered our food, Emma getting some sort of fish, while I got a steak. We both weren't 18 yet, so we couldn't order any sort of alcohol. I would turn 18 a month after we started filming Harry Potter again, and so would Emma. But for now, we just got soda.

As the dinner went on, we got our food and ate. I figured there was no better time to do this then now, so I should just go for it.

"Can I ask you something?" I blurted out, Emma nodding.

"Go ahead. What is it?" She asked.

"Well, I know we're still young and stuff like that, so this isn't a proposal, but I had the idea to get promise rings. You know? You don't have to say yes, but it would be nice if you did. But you don't have to." I rambled, probably sounding very awkward, showing her the rings.

"Is this why you planned this date?" Emma asked, observing the ring.

"Well, no. I got the idea after I suggested the date. So...is that a yes?"

"Of course it is! Yes!" Emma exclaimed, slipping the ring on her finger. I put mine on as well, feeling much more relieved.

"So now that we did that, they're promise rings so I guess we should make a promise to each other or something. I think Lauren told me that when she helped me pick out the rings. Anyway, I promise I'll love you forever."

"And I promise I will love you forever as well." She promised, a bright smile on her face. I smiled back at her, and soon enough we were done with dinner.

The next stop was dancing in the moonlight. Emma liked romantic things like that, but I'm not that great of a dancer. We made our way out of the restaurant and went back to my car.

I drove to a hidden area, where you could see the moon. It was just us there, nobody else in sight. I also had a few blankets and such in my car if she wanted to go stargazing or something.

We got out of the car and just walked around for a bit. Eventually, I held my hand out to her.

"Care to share a dance in the moonlight?" I asked, knowing she would say yes.

"I would love to." She accepted, taking my hand.

We started to dance, no music playing, but we didn't really need it. It was more of a comfortable silence. Like no words needed to be exchanged and we already knew everything we wanted to say to each other.

Eventually we stopped dancing, and I wrapped my arms around her. Her head was rested on my chest, right on top of my heart. I kissed her forehead before whispering, "I love you."

"I love you too (Y/n)."

We continued to just sit there in silence, enjoying each other's presence and company. Eventually, we had to get going. We got back in the car and made our way back to Emma's house. I was just dropping her off, then going back home to tell Lauren what happened.

Once we arrived back at her house, I walked her back up to the front door.

"Thank you for tonight. It was the best date I've ever been on." She thanked, admiring her ring.

"My pleasure. It was amazing." I told her before connecting our lips together again. We kissed for a minute before pulling back.

"Goodnight Em. I love you."

"Goodnight (Y/n). I love you too." She whispered, going inside. Once the door closed I walked back to my car and drove home. When I arrived back home, everyone else was asleep. I figured I could tell Lauren what happened tomorrow, and I changed into my pajamas before falling asleep.