Chapter 69

Today was the fateful day, my nineteenth birthday party. Everything was already there and set up. The party didn't start until tonight, so I had time until then. I even had gotten a bouncer so nobody who wasn't invited couldn't go. I only needed him for one certain person, Tom, but it would also ensure no paparazzi get in.

I woke up late, maybe around ten or eleven. I had missed breakfast, but I wasn't very hungry, so I wasn't too bothered. I threw on some clothes and went downstairs, seeing everyone in the game room.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Dan waved, as Emma's eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I asked, seeing them crowded around the pool table.

"Rupert and Sophie are playing pool, we're just watching." Emma answered, before pressing our lips together. We stayed like this for a bit, just losing ourselves in each other's lips before we were rudely interrupted.

"Guys! Don't make out here!" Dan exclaimed, snapping his fingers in front of us.

"Fine." I gave in and sat down. Emma took the spot next to me and put her head on my shoulder.

"Are you excited for the party?" Emma whispered.

"Yeah. It's going to be amazing."

"I'm excited. It sounds like you went all out."

"That's cause I did."

Rupert and Sophie finished their game, and we all just hung out and talked for a bit. I went upstairs early to get ready for the party. I had to be there early since I had to make sure everything was there and ready.

"Bye (Y/n)! See you at the party!" Shay shouted, waving to me as I got ready to walk out the door.

"Bye guys! See you later!"

Only Shay saw me leave, and nobody else. A bit rude they didn't say goodbye, but I don't mind. They must have been busy. I got in the car and the driver made their way to the party.

When I got there the bar was set up, the DJ booth was set up, the food area was ready for the caterers to make and place their stuff. The lights were still on, which was fine for now. The fog machines were there too. Everything was ready.

Lauren and Robert were the first to arrive, along with my parents. We talked for a bit since they were kind of early. We had drinks and talked until a few others showed up. A few friends from home that I had kept in touch with were the next to arrive.

The party started and all the lights were turned off. There were strobe lights and LEDs along with some sort of laser lights. The fog machines were on as well, and there was a disco ball. It looked like a concert. The DJ was playing music, and Emma arrived with Shay and Sophie.

"Well, hello ladies. Like the party?" I asked, showing off what I had put together.

"This is amazing! I love it! I want a party like this!" Shay raved, Sophie nodding.

"Me too! This is so spectacular! (Y/n), you need to tell me how you got everything! I want this for my next party!" Sophie exclaimed.

"It is pretty cool; you definitely have the coolest party. Now, I would like to dance with my boyfriend, so we'll be on our way. Bye girls!" Emma exclaimed, connecting our hands.

The music was loud, but it was some upbeat song, and everybody was into it. We danced for a bit; a few kisses shared in the middle of it. We got a bit parched, so we went to the bar and got some drinks. I had a Shirley temple while Emma just got a sparkling water.

We met up with Rupert and Sophie and hung out with them for a bit. We all had some food and ate together, looking on the dance floor.

"Wait...is that Dan and Shay?" Rupert asked, pointing to two people making out on the dancefloor.

"Oh my god, it is! My birthday's good luck! First you two and now them! It just brings love together. It could be the next Valentine's Day!" I exclaimed, taking another sip of my drink. Emma smiled and kissed my cheek before we continued eating, Shay and Dan coming over soon after.

"So...you two a couple?" I asked, and the two nodded. "My birthday brings such good luck. You're welcome guys. For being born and the party."

"Yes, thank you for being born (Y/n). But this party is fun. I have to admit, you know how to party." Dan joked.

They went to eat some food, and Emma and I went to the photobooth. We took many pictures, most of them being goofy or couple photos. Once we finished with the photobooth, a slow song played.

"(Y/n)! Let's go dance!" Emma cheered, dragging me onto the dancefloor.

We started dancing, occasionally throwing in a twirl. By the end, dancing was long forgotten, and we were more focused on each other's lips. After we danced, we found Shay, Dan, Rupert and Sophie. Emma took out her camera and snapped a quick selfie of us.

We all had various glowsticks and different makeshift glowstick hats and such. I had managed to make a pretty cool pair of glowstick glasses. We took a few more pictures, and Shay took a photo of us together, and another with Lauren and Robert. A lot of photos were taken with other people, and most of them would probably end up online, which I don't really care about.

I also got a photo with Shay and Sophie; it was more of a goofy photo. I got a few photos with Dan and Rupert as well. But I had the most photos with Emma, from selfies to romantic photos, and the ones from the photobooth.

My parents left a while ago, along with Emma's family. I had seen them briefly with Emma, but they didn't stay long. I think Alex stuck around, but he still left fairly early.

Most people started leaving at around eleven o'clock, while Emma and I left at midnight. There were some paparazzi waiting for us, but they didn't take any pictures where they shouldn't, so we were good. I smiled for a few of their photos and put up a few peace signs with my free hand. My other arm was draped around Emma's shoulder, pulling her close while her head was resting on my shoulder.

My cheeks were slightly pink, and my hair was kind of a mess, but it still looked good. My dress shirt was a bit unbuttoned but not too much, my sleeves were rolled up to my elbows, and my watch Emma got me was visible.

Emma was wearing the same dress from her eighteenth birthday party, which I didn't mind. It was my favorite dress of hers. The paparazzi photos would probably look very cute once they posted them.

We got in the car and Emma was getting tired fast. She took one last selfie of us on her camera before she fell asleep on my shoulder a few minutes later. When we arrived to the house, I picked her up bridal style and carried her inside. I didn't know if I should wake her up so she could change or let her sleep in her dress, so I just put her on the bed and placed a blanket over her.

I took her bag and placed it on her nightstand, but not before taking a quick picture of her asleep, all comfortable under the covers with her blanket.

I saw the photobooth photos and looked at them, they were pretty cute. There were a lot of goofy photos, and some of us making out. I put the camera away with the photobooth photos next to it and took a shower before changing into my pajamas and going to bed for the night.

Best. Party. Ever.