Chapter 79

"Lauren? Is everything okay?" I asked, hearing her sobs from the other line.

"(Y/n), you need to get over here. Now."

"Where? What's going on?"

"It's dad. There was an accident, you just need to be here."

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know, just get over here quickly!"

"Okay, I'm on my way. Just send me the location to which hospital he's at, I'll be there soon. Call me if anything happens." I told her, and she hung up.

"(Y/n)? Is everything okay?" Emma asked worriedly, as I got up and threw some clothes on.

"I don't know, it's dad. He's in the hospital. I'll text you with any news, I just have to go be there."

"Okay, be safe. Love you."

"Love you too." I muttered, giving her a quick kiss before I left the room.

I left the apartment and got in my car, rushing over to the hospital. When I got there, I met up with Lauren in the lobby and we went up to his room. We both weren't allowed in the room yet, so we just waited outside.

"Where's Robert?" I asked, noticing he wasn't here.

"At home. Where's Emma?"

"Also at home. Why didn't Robert come?" I asked, knowing he would probably want to be here for her.

"I figured it was more of a personal thing, like I needed to be with my family. I could ask you the same with Emma."

"I didn't know what was going on, so I just told her I'd text her with any updates."

"I saw your interview, the one from today. You're going to marry her huh?" Lauren joked, giving me a teary smile.

"And you're going to marry Robert. That's coming up you know."

"I'm aware of my own wedding (Y/n), don't be stupid." We both shared a laugh, making the best of the dark times.

"I always knew you two would be together, I had a feeling from the minute I met her that you two would end up together, you and Emma. She's perfect for you." She confessed.

"Well, I'm glad you played matchmaker. I don't know what I'd do without her."

After a few minutes of silence, I spoke up again.

"Do you think he's going to be okay?"

Lauren didn't answer for a second, before finding her words. "I don't know. They won't tell us what's going on. Mum's the only one allowed in. She hasn't said anything yet, she hasn't even left the room."

"Yeah...he has to be okay." I muttered, trying to convince myself that.

Eventually, we both fell asleep there, just waiting. Our sleep got interrupted when mum came out of the room.

"Is he okay?" I asked, going to give her a hug.

"He hasn't woken up yet. He's in critical condition..." She whispered, and Lauren joined in on the hug. We stayed in the hug for a few minutes before mum went to get some coffee. We were going to be here for a while, so I texted Emma letting her know I probably wouldn't be home tonight.

We went down to the waiting room where there were more comfortable seating options, and just sat there waiting for any news. Mum went back to the room, and she promised to come get us if anything changed.

And so, we spent the majority of the night in the waiting room, falling in and out of sleep. By morning, nothing had changed. Lauren went home quickly to shower and change into a new pair of clothes, while I stayed here.

When she got back, it was my turn to go back and clean up a bit. We had an agreement that if anything happened she would call me, and I'd come right back.

(Had to spice things up a bit!)