chapter 5 The preparations

The next morning, Khurana's  residence

Everybody was sitting for breakfast, the table was as usual filled with different varieties, Indian breakfast for devrat, healthy breakfast for Ashish and diet breakfast for drishti. Adhya was ok with all the food options so she has many options in hand. Adhya thought that this is the right time so She started the topic about Abeer.

' Dadu, dad and mom I want you to meet abeer, as you know we are dating for six months. I think I am now ready for the next step in this relationship "

'Are you sure about it and, I mean you can take more time to know him "
Her dad asked her lovingly,.on which she smiled and blinked her eyes in assurance.

'Ok then I think we should meet him along with his family," her dad stated smiling.

"Dad he lives with his mother, in London and the rest of the family lives in India so, for now, we can call him along with his mother for meeting "adhya explained.

"Ok, then I will book a table for dinner in  some hotel ..."

"No son I think we should invite them for dinner at our place only, as in the hotel it will be too formal. We Indians believe in these things more you know, and they will like it, I am sure of this ." Devrat khurrana commented in between

"Ok dad as you wish, drishti please see to the arrangements ."Ashish requested drishti.

"Ok so I will make the cook prepare some famous international cuisine" Drishti's tone is  full of excitement

"No beta I will suggest you keep the Indian menu, I know that they will like it ." Senior khurrana again suggested.

"You didnt even met them papaji then how could you say about their likes and dislikes " Drishti commented sarcastically as she was getting irritated by her father in law's interference.

"Drishti do what dad is saying there is no need for argument, "Ashish told her in a stern voice

"Its ok beta, let me answer her, you know drishti it is a famous quote,
YOU CAN TAKE AN INDIAN OUT OF INDIA BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE INDIA OUT OF AN INDIAN

So as a proud INDIAN I know what my fellow Indians will like and it is not your mistake as you are angrez ( foreigner) now "
  It's a devrat way to give back to drishti.

  Drishti was fuming in anger at her insult but she knows her husband will not tolerate a word against his father so she kept quiet and finished her breakfast and left for the dinner preparation. Ashish left for hospital bidding bye to them.

   "Aadu beta,  I will suggest you wear something ethnic today how about the Kurti which I bought from India. You can match it with some pants or jeans. Or whatever you like but please no short dresses ."devrat suggested to adhya.

   "But why dadu I mean abeer and his mother are living in London for a long time so I think they dont mind my western clothes ."

"Just trust me beta I know they will not mind your dressing style but if you want to give a good first impression to his mother then you will just follow me ok "

" I. I captain "she salute her dadu and kissed him on his cheeks and went to her room as it was weekend so no office...

In Shekhawat's house

   The next day abeer got the message of adhya that her family invited him along with his mother for dinner at her place.

     Abeer went to breakfast where he informed them about the dinner plans to her mother garima shekawat.