chapter 13 The mahashivratri puja

The next morning adhya got ready in a long  Anarkali suit with a dupatta
Drishti wore a beautiful saree with a sleeveless blouse, wrapped in a pashmina shawl as it is still cold weather in Shimla. Ashish and devrat wear simple kurta pyjamas.

  Drishti wore a diamond mangalsutra ., she then insists that adhya wear a chain with a diamond pendant. Adhya was not much fond of jewellery, but for her mother's happiness, she didn't refuse.

   Abeer reached the hotel on time ., garima also accompanied him. After exchanging greetings .adhya touched Garima's feet after giving blessings to adhya garima hugged her. They all started their journey.

Garima suggested adhya and abeer come in SUV in the second car garima.
And in the third one devrat  Ashish and drishti

Before going to her car garima nodded at abeer who blinked his eyes .only devrat noticed this, But he was sure that abeer wants to talk to adhya about something important, so garima is giving them privacy.

  The journey got started, and abeer got busy on his phone. Adhya was enjoying the sight of Kasauli, she was not feeling comfortable in this Indian wear as taking a dupatta ( stole ) is not her thing. The winter was not gone yet so she has to wear a sweater also.

she started playing with her dupatta(stole) and ended up tangling her hands with it. Abeer looked at her tangled hands shakes his head and started helping her out. Adhya leaned to his shoulder. ,

   "I miss you abeer, a lot "

  " I miss you too love  "

  "Adhya I want to discuss something very important to you "

 "  Hmm, but first tell me why is this compulsory to wear a suit while meeting your family .? I am not comfortable in this"

" I know love but we are going to meet my only family members, the first time I am going to introduce you to them .so it will not look good if you were western wear" .abeer tried to make her understand.

"See if you love me and want me to be  happy so please remember some points .you will not hug or kiss me in front of them, it's better if you will keep your hands to yourself in front of them ."
Adhya nodded yes with a pout.

" Please touch my Badi ma's feet for blessings and bhai too "

" Badi ma is ok as I also touch aunty's (abeer's mother's) feet. But why your elder brother I will not touch his feet, and he is only some years older than you " adhya argued.

" 11 years older by me,adhya. And I respect him a lot, and so does my mother .its very important for us to get their approval for our marriage. "Abeer thought that when adhya meets his brother she will touch his feet of her own will. Just wait.

adhya doesn't answer back but makes a note in her mind that she will not touch his feet. As Garima's words were still ringing in her mind.

The car stopped near the temple gate.

The khurrana family,adhya's parents and grandfather got down from another car. The third car was of garima Shekhawat she also joined them. All of them started climbing the stairs of the temple.
First was garima and abeer

They are followed by Ashish who was helping his father to climb the stairs.
In the last drishti with Adhya,drishti was noticing the surrounding s with interest.

The villagers joined their hands to greet abeer and garima Shekhawat as they belong to the respected and well-known Shekhawat family of Shimla.

adhya started whispering to her mom, "mom I dont like this dress see I cannot walk properly in this "