chapter 7 awaited discussion

All the dinner time Garima keep praising the food and abeer felt content at heart to see his mother happy...

After dinner they sat in the living room coming to the main point of this meeting .mrs Garima Shekhawat started speaking

" Mr khurrana as you know adhya and abeer are dating each other for the last few months and now they have decided to move on to the next step, which is to get married. See I am happy in my son's happiness and I like Adhya too but .."

"Don't hesitate Mrs Shekhawat please complete" Ashish requested her.

"See we belong to a well-known family of Shimla. . Before proceeding further I will like to discuss this with my sisterinlaw and especially with Rudra as they are the only family we have. My nephew Rudra is on a Kedarnath trip, as soon as he gets back to Shimla ., I will talk to him ."

"Shimla! but your family belong ..., so your family doesn't live in that small town ." "Drishti voiced out her doubts.

" No drishtiji our great grandparents settled their business in Shimla only, Kasauli is a small town, as we have some relatives there too .sometimes we visit Kasauli for festivals and marriages," Garima answered politely

"Mrs Shekhawat I hope you didn't have any problem with our different castes, I know you belong to Rajputs and we are Punjabi. See don't misunderstand me but I know Indians believe in this .so I was just..."

Garima smiled thinking about a father's dilemma about her daughter's wedding.

"No not at all, if my family have any issues with this then trust me I must be not sitting in your house right now. I already informed them about abeer's wish to marry a Punjabi girl to didi and she didn't have any issues .. see my family is already blessed with money, powerful status and above all well-cultured sons like Rudra and Abeer. We just want a girl who will bring happiness to our house and trust us that our daughter in law will be the most pampered one in the house. As our wish of having a daughter in the house will be fulfilled this way ."

Ashish's eyes brimmed with tears as he was impressed with the way Garima was telling him or better say giving answers to his unasked questions or doubts.

Garima observing Ashish's face understood that she is successful in clearing a father's doubt about her daughter's future life.

Drishti was getting irritated with sugar-coated words of Garima, as she was not liking the way they are depending on decisions in their family.
She was again going to burst out in anger at Garima,
Devrat interfere before Drishti start her sweet talk," let me talk beta,
Garima Ji, of course, you should ask their opinion too ." he wanted to control the damage that drishti's words were doing.

Garima smiled at the old man's understanding
.

"So I think we should take your leave as soon as Rudra tell me his decision will forward it to you ."

Stating this they left from there, thanking them for their hospitality.

As soon as they left, Drishti started shouting in anger,' In which era did these people are living ha.! His son loves adhya but she seeks permission from his nephew to say yes to this alliance. I mean nephew who is younger than her in age ... "

"It's ok Drishti calm down, I met that man in India and trust me he is a very dignified person, his presence is formidable. You know he speaks less but his business sense and behaviour are much more than any experienced man.
I think he will have no problem with this alliance, I mean if he loves his younger brother then he will accept abeer's love for adhya too. Just wait, dear wife"

Devrat was silently listening to this argument but he was nervous about Rudra's acceptance. As garima mentioned about the Kedarnath trip devrat understood that this man must be a traditional man than will he accept adhya who is born and brought up in London, and as usual, she doesn't know much about Indian culture.

Adhya was nervous as well as she never thought that garima Shekhawat will propose something like this, I mean it's ok that she should take her family's opinion about her and abeer's alliance. But only Rudra is going to decide about her and abeer's marriage that she doesn't positive about. Abeer whenever talked about his bhai he praised his brothers like some god ., his role model, his inspiration and the list goès on.

Four different minds are thinking about this situation.

At abeer's place

Garima went to her room after bidding goodnight to abeer. Abeer was relaxed as he already knows that his bhai will never say no to adhya and he already knows that this situation is coming up.

After reaching her room, Garima called her sister-in-law gauri Shekhawat, as she doesn't want to talk in front of abeer

"Pranam didi"

" khush raho, hmm so how was the meeting with the girl's family,"gauri asked in curiosity

" It was nice didi,adhya khurrana is a pretty girl and cultured too. Her family is also good people, you know they arranged the meeting at their place only and served us Indian cuisine for dinner and the food was amazing...

'I think you are missing Indian food very much, Garima .lf you forget we have an army of cooks, who cook amazing meals daily in our house too. Right now discuss the people, their nature, and their behaviour. I want every detail ."

"Sorry didi cited, see mr devrat khurrana her grandfather is a very nice person, and so is dr Ashish khurrana her father they welcomed us very warmly. But drishti khurrana adhya's mother is not looking happy with us ."

"And what do you mean exactly by that " gauri asked sternly.

" Di, she was not looking happy about this alliance, she was curious to know about Rudra handling the Shekhawat empire alone, I mean single-handedly.
But the girl adhya is such a sweetheart didi I am very proud of abeer's choice. She was wearing Indian wear di, and you know she touched my feet for blessings. I think she respects our culture too ."

" So you mean to say she is not like her mother right, and don't worry about how much she respects our culture we will find out in the future. Right. , let's wait for Rudra's return then let's see what he will decide about this. Send me a photo of that girl asap ."

" Ji, when is Rudra coming back "

"That he never told to anyone as always he will go on his will and come back from his will only. I don't know what to do about this boy. "

" But I am happy that at least abeer is thinking about marriage, unlike his brother who never wants to get married "gauri sighed while talking about Rudra.

" But didi you should convince Rudra you know you are so good in...in .."

" Manipulating.. don't hesitate to say it garima I always take it as a compliment. I agree that I can change the opinion of others cleverly but this boy has his traits from his father, rishab, so my cleverness never works on him "

"I hope after seeing abeer settled and happy maybe Rudra should also think about his marriage"gauri said in a hopeful tone.

"Trust me didi he will and after some years when he will see their kids, then he will also think about fatherhood why don't you convince him talking about kids, try this may be it will work."

"Seriously garima you think I never have talked about this, I tried many times but rather he keeps quiet or puts that responsibility on a beer's shoulders that he will give you heir for the Shekhawat clan ."

"Only God will decide what Rudra will have in his face, and don't worry didi ., we will talk to him after abeer's marriage ."garima consoled gauri.

" Yes hope so garima, now it must be late night there so sleep. Goodnight "

"Goodnight di "

After disconnecting the call,gauri was thinking about garima.
How naive is she? , doesn't she understand that maybe all this Indian culture showoff must be an act to impress her. Rudra was right about his Chachi she trusts people easily.

At that moment a message popped on her mobile, she opened it, it was a photo of adhya.In which she was wearing a lehenga, looking like a Diwali pic.

" Well she is pretty, lets's see what Mahadev had decided for you dear"

That's all for today.
Hope you like it
Thank you

.