chapter 19 The engagement part 2

Rudra was holding Adhya by her waist, it was not a tight grip but still a firm grip. His other hand was holding adhya's hand in a light grip. Adhya took some courage to see his face, she found him looking everywhere but not at her.

  Slow music was making the atmosphere romantic, the dance move was slow as usual. But Adhya was feeling so nervous but, at the same time, she thought of rudra as a mannerless man who even doesn't know how to approach a lady for a dance. She just praying for the music to end soon.

 As already expected  Vicky Jaiswal come toward them and asked politely.

    " May I have the pleasure to dance with this beautiful lady" he forwarded his hand towards adhya.

  Adhya thought him to be gentleman enough and at least it was better than dancing with Hitler, she wanted to accept his offer but before anything like that happen, the grip of rudra "s hands tighten on her hand. She looked at rudra who nodded his head in no, Adhya got more scared she stilled on her place and the next order came.

    "Sorry, mr Jaiswal but she is dancing with me, so maybe next time".

'"sure mr Shekhawat I understand "

  Vicky Jaiswal knows very well who rudra was, his powerful status and possessiveness for his family were not a secret for anyone in Shimla. So he just gave a small smile and left from there

    Adhya's eyes turned glossy, firstly rudra pressed her hand so tightly and then he had ordered her something. Adhya was not a girl who liked to be in control. Her parents never forced or ordered her with anything. But first time in her life she was feeling so helpless.

  Rudra was oblivious to her thoughts, he just signalled the musicians to stop the music ., with a great round of applause the dance got ended. Rudra left Adhya on stage and called Abeer as he has to discuss something important with Abeer.

     The DJ started playing dhol music which youngsters were enjoying on the dance floor.

  Adhya looked at her hand where blue marks are visible because of rudra's tight hold. She told her mom that she is going to the washroom,drishti tried to accompany her but she refused politely .she just want to spend some alone time with herself to cool down the anxiety that she was feeling at that time.

     Adhya was on her way to the washroom when she spotted Abeer and rudra standing in the aloof corner of the lobby. It did not look like a discussion more like rudra was scolding abeer for something which Abeer was listening with his head down.

    Adhya's nerves filled with rage after misbehaving with her rudra had the guts to scold her fiance too. She decided to give peace of mind to this Hitler, she didn't want to think of the consequences as her self respect held more importance to her than anything else.

   She started walking towards rudra and Abeer when a voice from behind stopped her. Sameer rushed to her and started speaking in a low voice

   "Adhya I know what you must be thinking but please listen to me first then you can decide what you have to do "

    Adhya nodded yes, and let him continue.

  " I and rudra switched the partners because I saw Vicky coming towards you. Vicky Jaiswal is the son of the MLA of the ruling party, a famous Casanova of Shimla Many cases of rape and molestation are charged against him in court. I know he will ask you for dance and trust me it was not my place to refuse him. The only man who he is scared of and has the authority to say no to  dancing with you was rudra ."

  " Rudra did the right thing, as we already know that Vicky will have molested you. Which is not acceptable to us ., as you are now a family and dignity of our house too ."