chapter 29 pain ,trauma ,last rites.

(Song added above Mann Bharatiya with its meaning, if you like you can listen to it)

Adhya opened her eyes in an unfamiliar room,rushali drishti and rushali were sitting beside her sobbing silently.

Ashish, drishti and Devrat,rushali reached today morning to meet the Shekhawat family But they got the most painful news of their lives that
Abeer is no more, he lost his life in an accident.

They all rushed to Adhya who was lying in the guest room and some doctors were attending her. Adhya got fainted as soon abeer was declared dead.

Adhya slowly come back to her senses, her mind recalled the hospital scene .she panicked and started shouting.

"Abeer ... mom abeer ...dad my abeer ...where is abeer? "
E
Devrat started sobbing silently in the corner of the room. Do Ashish and drishti didnt know what to say? How to console her?

" Adu beta listen "

" No where is abeer ?"

Rushali said in tears " they .... they are taking him "

Adhya left the room and started running like a mad person towards the living room. Ashish drishti and rushali were running after her,devrat was following them.

The big living room was bustling with people, all the elite class of Shimla was present in the Shekhawat mansion to attend the last rites of abeer Singh Shekhawat.

The guests who arrived in Shimla to attend the reception of abeer Singh Shekhawat were now attending his funeral ceremony.

Adhya screamed in high pitch looking at her abeer who was lying on the floor, covered with lots of garlands and shawls. All the heads turned towards her ., a girl clad in heavy banarasi saree, wearing jewellery and chooda as a newly wedded bride.

" Abeer ...Abeer "

She rushed toward him but Ashish hold her before she can reach him.

Gauri Shekhawat screeched in pain.

" Let her meet him, mil le beta akhiri Baar,dekh le jee bhar ke ."( meet him, dear, last time, see him)

Ashish left her, adhya rushed towards abeer, she remove the garlands which were covering his face as he want to see him properly.

Everybody was witnessing the scene with tears, as the bride who was supposed to be getting ready for her wedding reception this time, was here sitting like a lost person watching his dead husband.

Rudra's eyes were red, tears never stopped from his eyes. It was sameer and Mahesh who handled all the arrangements and chaos.

Adhya hugged abeer by putting her head on his chest. The khurrana family was devasted looking at their princess. They didnt know who to blame? Fate? destiny ?.

Giriraj was holding her sister gauri tightly as she was on the verge of fainting.

What to say about garima she was sitting beside abeer, silently patting his head as she is putting him to sleep.
She was chanting only some words.

' Abeer .... beta abeer .... so JA ... abeer "

Rudra was observing all this as a defeated person as he was tasting defeat first time in his life, the most brutal way .face of gauri who was crying shouting, wailing nonstop.

The face of his Chachi who was not in her senses anymore.

The face of adhya whose hands were filled with a dark colour of Heena, wearing chooda,.who was hugging her dead husband.

The people who were witnessing all this suggested sameer to start the last rite. Sameer signalled the pandit

Sameer supported rudra from his shoulders to make him stand Priest handed a small pot hanging on ropes in rudra' s hands ., he was going to move ahead of the arthi.