chapter 69 The confession

The next morning the news headlines were flashing on all news channels

Veer Shekhawat, the would-be son-in-law of the textile minister, died in a car accident on his wedding day. The accident happened at midnight when Veer Shekhawat was returning from his cocktail party. When we interrogated his friends they told us that he was very drunk when he left the party. His friend offered to drop him off but he refused them and chose to drive. Till now police are taking it as a drunk and drive case but still,l they are investigating further.

Rakesh Shekhawat was sobbing badly on the cremation ground, Rudra was standing there with a hard expression on his face, he was just observing the pain that Rakesh Shekhawat was going through. Rudra was not a sadist but at this moment he was behaving like one as the pain of Rakesh Shekhawat was giving him a piece of heart.

When the last rites were starting from their home Kalyani was lost her senses while seeing the dead body of his son, gauri was present there but she didn't come along with garima as this atmosphere will again bring the memory of abeer's last rites back to garima and Gauri didn't want to upset her.

But the surprising aspect was that there was none present in the last rites of a veer from Prerna's family. The media was not present anywhere near the Shekhawat house or the cremation ground as they were busy covering the news from the Jindal mansion; they were not interested in covering Shekhawat's death.

After the cremation is done everybody starts leaving the ground greeting Rakesh Shekhawat, saying some sweet words to them, Rudra was waiting for everyone to leave at last only Rudra and Rakesh with some near relatives were left. Rudra stood in front of him and joined his handsRakesh Shekawat hugged him in his emotional state. Rudra murmured in his ears

" Karma never forgets its way to come back kakasa, and this is your karma that you are suffering right now. But at least I didn't make any innocent girl widow."

Ramesh Shekhawat broke the hug instantly and glared at rudra whereas rudra joined his hands and said in an audible voice to others too

" Take care kakasa,"

Staying this he left from there in long strides, Mahesh was at his tail

When rudra reached his home gauri was sitting in the living room in deep thoughts, rudra got settled beside him.

" What happened, mom?"

"Nothing just thinking about veer, it's really unfortunate rudra, I mean we know this pain and now that family is also going through the same pain."

" No, they are not going through the same pain. At least they don't have to see their daughter in law widow in front of them, they don't have to see their daughter in law getting insulted by the relatives who were calling her a bad omen .so they are suffering very less compared to us "

" Rudra what happened to your beta? You were never so insensitive hmm? I know they are not good enough but still for sympathy ..."

" You will know the reason soon anyways, how is Chachi doing?'

"Not good as you know how emotional she is? And this incident brings all the memories of abeer back to her, but I told her to compose herself for adhya. so she is trying her best "

" Hmmm, mom, what were you talking about baby shower'"

" Ooh ! yes, adhya is going to enter her seventh month of pregnancy soon, so I was thinking that we should fix an auspicious date for her baby shower but after this veer's tragedy, I don't know how we could manage this as how much we deny but he is from the same family."

" Okay then talk to the priest and do whatever you think is right "

After talking to his mother Rudra entered his floor, he found Adhya in their bedroom who was doing some work on her laptop whereas a plate of fruit salad was placed near her.