The Contest

It has been 3 days since the battle and it's Saturday, the day of the contest.

Hilda POV

This was first my contest and while I was not planning on being a coordinator, I still was super excited. I was also nervous as well. Like in contests in Sinnoh and showcases here in Kalos, coordinators had to dress up for their contests.

I was wearing a pink dress with orange stripes that went down to my ankles. And some other stuff.

A/N: I have no clue how to do this I'm a guy lmao

I saw May walking up to me wearing a blue and green dress.

"Are you ready?" May asked me excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous though, this is my first contest" I responded.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine. Plus, with those combinations you did yesterday, you'll easily get into the top four at least" May reassured me.

"Okay then, let's get this thing started" I said with confidence.

"That's the spirit. Wait, isn't that Serena?" May asked me and pointed to a honey blond doing her hair in front of a mirror.

"You're right it is her. I didn't know she liked contests. She would always talk about how showcases were way better." I told May as we walked into the hallway.

We sat in chairs for a few minutes conversing about different Pokemon and such.

"Hey! It's you losers" we heard a voice say as we turned around and found Serena looking at us. "Why are you even participating? It's not like you'll ever win" she said with an arrogant tone.

I chuckled and I saw May trying to keep a straight face as well.

"I probably won't win" I said "but May here will sweep the floor with all of you."

"Yeah right, I bet you've never been in a contest in your entire life."

Now May and I were full out laughing and Serena shot us a glare.

"You do know that I am the Hoenn Princess right?" May asked innocently.

"WHAT?!?! No, that's not true. Drew would know, he's a coordinator from Hoenn." Serena said trying to convince herself that she wasn't in front of the Hoenn Princess herself.

"Drew must be living under a rock. Ask anyone who's from Hoenn who the Hoenn Princess is, they'll all know." I said chuckling.

Serena just huffed and walked off looking behind us.

We turned and saw Ash walking towards us with a grin on his face.

"Did the bitchy blond come over and say that she was going to cream you guys?" he asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. Then she ran off to cry in a corner" May responded chuckling.

Then we heard an announcement.

All competitors please report to the stage

"Well, good luck you guys, I'll watch you guys from the audience" he said.

"Thanks Ash" May and I said and gave him a hug and ran off to the stage while blushing.

Ash POV

Since I wasn't at school I could bring Pikachu along since Pikachu hated being in his Pokeball and the school didn't allow stray Pokemon outside of their Pokeballs. I found him eating Ketchup and when he saw me, he jumped on my shoulder and continued to make a mess of himself.