Finishing an Old Fight

A/N: Before we start I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for getting me to 100 followers. I personally was not too interested in continuing this story for at least another month as I've come to realize the sheer number of plot holes and ideas that were thrown into this that never truly came together. The last time I updated was back in July, and it's pretty much been 2 months since then. But, as a way of celebrating the new milestone, I had to come back to the story that started it all.

3rd Person POV

Noctowl instantly shot towards Umbreon with Agility, not giving the Pokemon too much time to fully understand what was going on. Once the bird got close,  it's beak began to glow white and the Pokemon began to spin, making a a sort of drill.

Unable to react in time, Umbreon took the hit from Peck straight on and flew backwards while managing to stay on it's feet. The Pokemon quickly got back to it's senses and looked towards Gladion for instructions.

However, much to it's surprise, Gladion was motionless. Ash too gave him a weird look, but ordered Noctowl to keep attacking. 

"Noctowl, use Sky Attack!"

Noctowl began to glow golden and screeched into the air. In a swoop, the bird flew down and smashed into Umbreon, sending the Dark Type flying into a wall.

Once the dust clear, Umbreon slowly got back up onto it's feet, and looked helplessly at Gladion, However, he still hadn't budged.

"What happened, Gladion? Pissed your pants?" Ash taunted.

With a small grunt, the blonde haired boy fell over and collapsed on the floor. Umbreon yelped in alarm and ran to it's trainer's side, but it was to no avail. 

Ash knew better than to get close to what seemed like an unconscious body. It could easily be a trick and that was not a risk Ash was willing to take. Especially one that could definitely prove to be fatal.

"Noctowl" Ash said and nodded to his Pokemon.

The bird closed it's eyes and concentrated, using Extrasensory. Once it made contact with Gladion's consciousness, it confirmed that the trainer was indeed knocked out unconscious.

"Well then, I guess we'll be taking him with us then. Bit of a shame though, I really wanted to whoop his ass."

Then, out of the bushes behind Gladion, 3 men stepped out, one of which Ash recognized quite well.

"Lance!" Ash said in surprise.

"Sorry I spoiled your battle, Ash, but we couldn't miss the opportunity to capture Lusamine's son. Especially after he escaped our containment. We really need to upgrade our security" Lance replied, smiling sheepishly at the last part.

"It's alright Lance" Ash said with a shrug. "Now I swear I had something to do before I got interrupted by big boy blondie here..."

"We were gonna talk with Lance" Aria deadpanned as she walked out.

"Oh, right" Ash said rubbing the back of his head while smiling sheepishly.

"I don't think our meeting will be necessary since we've already dealt with the subject of it. I think it's best if we take our leave, it's not exactly the smartest idea to stick around in such a public area" Lance replied.

"Wait, what about them?" Aria asked, pointing to Lillie and Gloria. "Didn't Gladion say they were going to kill them or something?"

 Lance raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"But isn't that his sister? I'm pretty sure he was just joking around or something, right?"

"He wasn't" Gloria said softly. "He doesn't care, neither does Lusamine."

Lance rubbed his chin and sighed.

"Well Ash, this one's on you. You're at this school, make sure that those two are protected. I will arrange for a place for them to stay, but we can't do much more than that. The children of high ranking Aether Foundation members will be in constant monitoring by the rebellious groups all around the globe. We cannot protect them should the need arise, as there is no evidence that they are innocent. However, there is no evidence that they are guilty either, so it's best that no one finds out that we were in contact with them. I should go now."

Ash sighed and nodded. He wouldn't be alone in helping protect the two girls from the Aether Foundation though, G-Men were always around disguised as students and teachers, and his friends could also always help.

Gladion was picked up by the two G-Men with Lance, and they pulled out the tranquilizer dart that was jammed inside of the trainer's neck. With a nod, Lance and the rest of the G-Men left Ash and Aria alone with the two hunted girls.

Ash sighed and walked over to them, and noticed that Lillie was slightly sobbing, and that Gloria was dead silent as well.

"Um, so what did you guys do?" Ash asked, and then internally smacked himself in the face. Of course they didn't do anything, that was the whole reason that he ended up stepping into the battle.

Aria smacked him on the back of the head and kneeled down to help comfort them while Ash stood around awkwardly.

"We need to get you guys out of here and back to class. You'll be monitored by the G-Men in case anything happens again" Aria said.

They nodded and got up before walking back into the school buildings.

Ash sighed and looked at Aria.

"I don't know why, but I have a really bad feeling about this. Lusamine won't just let us run off with Gladion, she must've planned something."

"She definitely did" Aria agreed. "We we can handle it."

She gave Ash a smile which he reciprocated back.

"Let's hope so."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wrote the Author's Note at the beginning of this chapter in like August or September and wrote like two sentences and didn't really do anything after. I tried to get back to writing, but I couldn't find inspiration and the motivation to do it. But, now I'm feeling better about writing again and with the news of Ash's departure from the anime (which I'm still really against) I managed to get this chapter done as a way to help cope. Though I'm quite certain they won't get rid of Ash completely. I have two theories about this. One, Ash will pop in like some kind of mentor, rival, or travel companion. After all, a few days after Ash won the Masters Tournament, the company released a statement saying that they would be continuing with Ash and the mascot of the franchise, Pikachu. Or, what I think will most likely happen, Ash gets knocked off his Number One position by someone else and gets succeeded by someone as the Alola Champion. That would prove as a great motivator for Ash to continue his journey again as he's not truly a Pokemon Master yet, there's going to be plenty more regions and generations for this to come into fruition. The more I think about it, the more Liko and Roy seem like temporary main characters which will fill the protagonist role while Ash slowly starts losing his grip over what he's accomplished and will be forced back to journeying and continuing his on quest to become better and take back his titles.